Can't find wifi

upon setup, i’m typing in the name of my wifi connection and then the password. however, the camera keeps telling me that it can’t find the specified network. why would it do that? this is my fifth cam and i haven’t come across this noise until now.

Are you by chance on iOS and is your phone connected to a 5 GHz wireless network?

I am using an iPhone and the other cams are currently connected.

Chances are your iPhone has connected to your 5GHz network. (iPhones and many other smartphones prefer to choose the 5GHz band over the 2.4GHz band).

The ‘fix’ is to temporarily disable the 5GHz network on your router.
Next, on your iPhone, turn WiFi off then back on. This will cause the iPhone to associate with the router’s 2.4GHz network. Then go through the Add Device procedure with the Wyze app. If the gods of WiFi are with you, the camera will connect successfully to the 2.4GHz radio.

Once that’s done, you can re-enable the 5GHz network on your router.

1 Like

Or try naming your 2.4 and 5 GHz networks with the same SSID using the same passphrase. At least that works for me using an iPhone 8 and iOS 12.x, 13,0, 13.1, and 13.2. Haven’t had a problem with any Wyze device finding my WiFi.

1 Like

Works this way for me on Android 9.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I bought 4 cameras and set 3 of them up with no problem. When I tried to set up the 4th one no wifi shows in the wifi window. Even after typing the wifi name in it does not locate any wifi. I have an iPhone 10xs max. I am sure the wifi I type in is a 2.4GHz. I have restarted, reset and forgotten the network and added it back in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @nikatnite

Two questions for you:

• Have you exceeded the DHCP range set up on your router
  • Has your router possibly reached the max device limit on the 2.4Ghz band. (Some routers have a 32 device limit on each band)

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.

1 Like

Thank you for your response!

I currently have 7 cameras that are working fine but don’t believe I have more than 12 devices connected to the wifi. I set up all of the cameras within 5 feet of the router and then placed them in various places inside my home. I have 100mbps down and 12 up.

Is there a maximum number of WYZE cameras that can be added to the app?

That is a good question, I do not know the answer but I also do not know of anyone who has hit such a limit. I have 10 cameras but there are many that have more than I do.

I can’t remember where I saw it, but I believe someone had 199 in the app, and when they added a 200th, the app failed to show any cameras at all. It might have been on the FB Core group.

2 Likes

I dont think I can sell my wife on buying 189 more to test if 200 kills it.

2 Likes

Mine didn’t buy it either. I think I went too far when I said half of them had to be the black ones. She has this oh so cute smile just before she says “no”. Takes most of the sting away.

4 Likes