Can I pay for a better cloud service?

So you’re happy with a five minute gap between “previews” where and when all kinds of thing can be ongoing, like a grab and go robbery, that will not be previewed because it happened entirely withing that five minutes?

Also, like I believe another person indicated, my cameras are located where getting the SD card out would be problematic. And although the “cloud” sounds benign and neutral it isn’t. It’s a set of servers belonging to someone who has access to them. Not sure I want to share my videos with some unknown person.

*S. Duane Stratton *

OverWatch

February 12

sdstrat:
But the five minute refactory period between recordable events makes us miss events that should have been recorded. And 10 to 14 secs is ridiculously short when an event can be recorded.

I’m not happy about the five minute cool-down and offered a compromise. I respectfully disagree about the 10-14 seconds of Event video being too short. That’s just a preview of that history and the cameras are designed to record history (continuous or Event only) to the SD card where you can watch as much as you want. I think what is really needed is what Paulo said above, the ability to go directly from an Event notice to that point in Playback from the SD card. This should solve your desire to see the entire event.

Now, if people want to pay for cloud service vs. the SD card, fine with me as long as I don’t have to wait longer to get my Events ( longer videos mean longer wait) or that I’m forced into paying for cloud storage where who know who has access to those videos.