Cam Plus trial subscription

Hi. Long time Wyze user. I have lots of cameras, plugs, vacuums, etc. Big supporter of Wyze.

People here are both correct. Up until a few months ago - you were automatically given a 2 week free trial. When it expired - if you wanted to continue to get Cam Plus- you had to take steps and pay to get it.

Unfortunately- the last two cameras I activated or set up - Wyze has switched to a negative option. A disclaimer comes up with specifically warns users now that you get a 2 week trial of Cam Plus but after 2 weeks you are automatically charged $19.99 per year. It’s a negative option and a crappy move by Wyze especially since they didn’t do this before.

So people are right on both sides. But for everyone else that didn’t have this negative option experience before - here is your heads up! There is a consequence to accepting the offer - if you don’t cancel on the 14th day you are now charged immediately 14.99. There is no way to accept the 14 week trial without the negative option.

Wyze. Please go back to how you handled the trial before. This is not consumer friendly.

As such - I declined both 2 week trials. No way I wanted to go thru the hassle of cancelling on day 13- i didn’t want to forget or go thru the hassle.