Cam Plus rule creating Siren activation----how long will it go off?

I find that Cam Plus does an excellent job of “pet” detection, in the sense that it is triggered by unwanted animals such as deer and bear. I notice that I can create a “rule” so that the siren is activated when a “pet” is detected. Question is, how long does the siren sound? I find that deer come by very early in the morning. I want to scare them off but I don’t want the siren to sound all night.

1 Like

Great question. The siren duration is 30 seconds.

4 Likes

Thanks very much! I was out of town last night and got a notice for a “pet”—a deer eating my shrubs! I went to the live feed and sounded the siren and off he went. Then I discovered this “rule” functionality.

I have to say, the AI function for “pets” is excellent. I have never gotten a false positive. True a deer or a bear is not a “pet” but that is immaterial. Thirty seconds should be fine. Thanks again!

1 Like

I use the AI pet detection to scare off foxes. That worked great for about 6 months. :smiley: Now most of the “regulars” have become immune to the noise of 7 simultaneous sirens. :confused:

1 Like

Oh no! Well, deer are pretty skittish, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Same with bear. A week ago one came onto my front porch and started licking the hummingbird feeder.

1 Like

Yikes! yikes