Cam Plus AI - Provide separate AI Detection and Notification options

Any updates on this feature for v3 cams? I still don’t see it in the beta version of the android app. I have tried the stated methods of turning the notifications off and on etc.

Yeah what’s going on? The latest public update version 2.28.0 says that this feature was added!

But… it’s not. The update release notes are just… wrong?

I asked Wyze support why the release notes say the feature was added, but it was not working and they just had me do dumb tech support stuff like re-install the app. I don’t think the feature is actually added yet, the release notes are unfortunately wrong. :frowning:

It was released in 2.28.0. It is working for all Cams except the V3. There was an issue with the V3 Cameras, Wyze is working on it and it will be fixed in a future Firmware Release. (Date Unknown). Not sure why Wyze Support is unaware of this?

1 Like

Thank you!! That is good to know.

Hopefully they resolve the issue with v3 soon. Dying for this feature.

A post was split to a new topic: Cam v3 RTSP - Notifications settings discrepancy

When is this going to be fixed and released for the V3? Its been a while?

1 Like

I’ve been trying to get a straight answer from someone at Wyze regarding this feature– especially considering it has been publicly announced in release notes and support documents as an existing feature, but the people at Wyze support truly have no idea what I am talking about with regards to this feature. It took me forever to get them to even understand what I was asking then once they finally understood, they knew nothing about it.

But, with that said, it does feel like it’s coming SOON. Even though I recently tried the latest beta of the V3 firmware and its not in the beta either :confused: :frowning:

Wanted to thank all in this thread who requested this feature. Granular Cam Plus AI notification options. I’m looking for the same with the Doorbell pro with Cam Plus. Would like to notify on just packages, while using the AI to trigger recording on vehicles, packages or people.

Still waiting on this to show up on the doorbell pro. Currently running the latest firmware 1.0.62.

2 Likes

Feature Requests: Turn Notifications ON/OFF for each AI feature individually

I live on a busy street and get dozens and dozens of vehicle notifications every day from my Wyze Cam v3. It’s annoying. I want my camera to detect vehicles and save the clips, but not notify me. This would be useful in the case that I need to look back at my clips to see when/if a car drove by. Greater flexibility in which exact notifications you get sounds like a no-brainer to me.

3 Likes

Turn off Vehicle Detection.

The app changes have already been made for this wishlist item. The firmware changes have already been pushed for all cam types except Cam v3. That v3 firmware is currently under development/testing.

Current Cam Plus v3 notifications settings page:

Future Cam Plus v3 and current other cam types notifications settings page:

2 Likes

AWeeeesssome. Thank you!

1 Like

I have my vehicle detection turned off, it still gets recorded as motion. I also have all other motion turned off in notifications so I don’t get a notification every time a USPS, UPS and FedEX vehicle comes in front of my house.

I have mine set up that way also. But it sure would be nice to be able to silence vehicle notifications yet still have vehicles tagged in Events. That way you could use the Events Vehicle filter to easily find a previous event that you’re looking for. Same with other non-Person AI types. I currently have to manually scroll through events numerous times per day looking for a specific event. Example, I want to know if my trash has been picked up today. I don’t want vehicle notifications bothering me all day and night, but I do want Person detection and notification and can’t selectively turn vehicle notifications off. I have to turn off vehicle detection in order to resolve the lack of an associated notification setting. And now with no vehicle tagging in events, I have to manually scroll through the day’s events looking at thumbnails for a trash truck. Plenty of other scenarios involving other AI types, but hopefully that helps understand the need for separate AI detection and notification settings.

1 Like

It will be nice if it gets done. I just got tired of getting an alert of my truck parked in the driveway every time a squirrel, a bird or a tree swaying in the breeze set off the cam.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard as to when this function might be available? Seems to be taking a really long time in testing……

be able to turn off the ai event notification for vehicle detection

the ai cam feature seems to know and send notifications for a person or a vehicle detected. so it knows before it sends out the notification. it would be a nice feature if the user could choose to get both vehicle and person notifications or either person or vehicle. notifications. I find the vehicle notifications excessive and unnecessary for my needs.

[Mod Note]: Your topic and associated replies were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar posts.

Open the app to home page> account> services> cam plus > chose the cam and turn off vehicle. If you have all other motion events notifications turned on you will probably get the notification anyway.

3 Likes

that was very helpful thank you. I was looking under the detection settings under the camera I was interested in and did not think to go to account. thanks again.