App in need of serious redesign - Yes or No?

There are veterans. I don’t know how well seasoned they are but I heard some of them are salty!

And not everybody is 22 or 27 at Wyze. We have 50 years old team members. I know at least 2 of them.

4 Likes

If this is your way of saying “YOU ARE WRONG” It is a very petty comment. The problem with Wyze Band is you do not understand what people use the band for apparently.

Jim Russell

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I believe the statement @Frederik was making earlier was in reference to app redesign comments not band issues.

2 Likes

Yes I was reacting to the following comments. Not a reaction to the band comments.

and this one:

And this was my response, now in context:
There are veterans. I don’t know how well seasoned they are but I heard some of them are salty!

And not everybody is 22 or 27 at Wyze. We have 50 years old team members. I know at least 2 of them.

Hope it makes more sense now.

Band issues ARE related to the app primarily. The total package is poorly designed. Low cost yes, which is why I bought it. Have worn out 4 different Fitbits and thought Wyze would have at least seen what the leaders in the Band world offer and duplicated that effort and and added some whiz bang ideas of their own. But it is like they have never seen a fitness band before.

Jim Russell

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Not exactly an Olds 66_toronado Mobile but point taken. Drive strong to the hoop, old boy… :wink:

That IS your fathers Olds! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You shouldn’t post your email address in public forums.
It happens when you reply through your email program without removing your signature.

Hey Jim

Frederik’s a good joe. So’s Gwen. I was just bustin’ their chops a little. Cuz I love 'em.

Welcome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Austin, it’s great to hear that you and the new design team are working on design updates, and thanks for bringing this to the forum!

Development of a 3.0 app is very exciting! It sounds like a redesign with modular components would make dark mode, Android/iOS widgets, landscape tablet view, an Apple Watch app, and other requested features easier to implement.

I was a Smartthings user for several years, and please don’t follow what they did. The years-long mess that was the transition to the new Smartthings app is a big reason I moved to a different hub. They had two production apps that were meant to do the same thing, but they worked very differently, and you basically had to have both to get things done because they each had limitations. Although I understand needing to have a new app in beta, while still developing the old app until it can be replaced.

I disagree with the need for separate apps for different Wyze devices, there are plenty of specialized health apps that can pull data from Wyze. I like your vision for organizing the app by capabilities rather than a long list of devices.

Looking forward to future updates!

2 Likes

Dylan, I think you’re right about not having separate apps. A master with buttons for different categories should be sufficient as long as there are separate widgets for each one can place on the homescreen for immediate access.

Austin I am holding my breath for 3.0, so please hurry before I lose conciousness :slight_smile:

Thanks, John

1 Like

Swipe to delete in Events. . . It is a bug, I don’t need to watch the video.
Thx Fred

1 Like

Great idea and widely practiced by majority of developers

You mean from the Events list I presume. While viewing an event, I swipe to move forward/backward through the clips.

Combining apples and oranges in one app is always a compromise for both the apples and oranges. It will do everything but nothing well.

1 Like

Sorry, @myswtest, the Wyze scale will NOT transfer data to another app or to Apple health directly, it MUST use the current Wyze app to query and capture it’s proprietary information and then funnel the data over.

Its the same for blood pressure, blood O2, glucose, ketones, and pulse taking devices, all of which uses its own Proprietary app to pipe information collected by its own Indigenous company sold hardware to Apple Health or other third party app if it as the appropriate api for each select manufacturer.

Just found out this is Older Americans Month. Didn’t even know that was a thing.

Cheers, fellow presbyopians! :nerd_face: We have arrived!

1 Like

Pipe down you young wet behind the ears ingrates! I am trying to listen to my program here. Show some respect for your betters now dad gum it.

1 Like

Heh, you’re crabbier now than when you joined the forum!

This rate-of-change (as measured by some Wyze device or another) does not bode well for your loved ones and neighbors. They should get an alert when you get within crabbing distance.

1 Like

This is the best, most experienced, and wise thread discussion of them all, because of its contributors!

Wyze, I hope you really, I mean really read these postings as what has been shared here, has been priceless. I can only hope its realized its not what words and facts that were written, but the sincere, thoughtfully invested time that all these posters have spent with the products you have sold us – there is great meaning here.

Many Posters here, when viewed from, the Aloha State, would be considered as the community elders or uncles who care.

3 Likes