Another use for the Wyze Bulbs

Since I use my hearing aids to my TV, I can’t hear my wife when she calls me. So, she winds up throwing a cat toy to get my attention. Used to! Now she just turns my Wyze Bulb on and off twice to get my attention. Easy Pease!

Next, it’s great for disabled people to get the attention of a caregiver too. My wife has a diabetic problem and sometimes gets my attention from rooms away when she needs emergency orange juice! Remember I have hearing aids and can’t hear her!
Works great for both of us!

12 Likes

I’m disabled and I found uses for smart home devices too. I’ve almost completely converted my house to Smart home where I can run it from my phone because i spend a lot of time in bed. So I understand and I applaud you for coming up with such wonderful ideas. Or your wife are coming up with these ideas. Lol

4 Likes

Thank you, my friend. Wife and I are both Marines a long time ago, She has a karate belt also. I’m 82 and she’s 73 and fights pain all the time, but keeps smiling day and night. I hear ya, my friend, keep up that good fight!

• George -
5 Likes

I have chronic migraines and have had three major strokes and more than I can even count seizures. And I understand your wife being in constant pain and unfortunately doctors anymore their hands are tied and can’t give much help or won’t give much help. I always tell people that I do as much as I can every day and some days that’s a whole heck of a lot and some days that’s just eating meals. But I push myself as hard as I can each day and that’s the best I can do.

God Bless
Chris〽️

3 Likes

That’s a good way to be, doing as much as you can. I try to do the same and many days it’s not easy. I don’t have as bad of problems as you do, but due to bone problems over the last 8 years, I’ve fractured my spine 6 different times. It causes a lot of chronic pain and limitations.
Hang in there!

2 Likes

You too my friend!

2 Likes

I came up with another use for the lightbulb. I put one on my outside porch it is very well covered it is in the middle and it is deep inside the fixture. I have it connected to a Wyze Sense motion sensor that I put up top also so when my dog comes back to the house from being outside she doesn’t jump on the door and scratch the paint. The light comes on and I can see it if I’m in the living room and if I’m not in the living room I get a notification that the porch light came on. I’ve also trained our garage cats that when the garage door is all the way down and they want to go into the garage they come to the front door and I let them in. They walk down the hallway to the mudroom And stand at the door to the garage. It to me approximately one month to train them to do this and all of them do it and don’t attempt to even go in the living room or down the rest of the hall they just march straight in halfway down the hall through the mudroom and sit at the door.

2 Likes

One problem with my great idea of putting a motion sensor to turn on the outside porch light when it’s snowing it’s constantly sensing motion. :grinning:

1 Like

When one of my two lights come on, I realized I left the garage door open.

2 Likes

Can you give a little bit more information as to what you did so I don’t have to scroll through page after page of posts Please

1 Like

Sure. I put a contact sensor of the garage door. When open the light comes on and takes a video with my nearest external camera. When the door closes the light turns off and I take another video. I set up a device trigger.

2 Likes

Very nice. I actually have a smart garage door from linear pro. So it came with the regular garage door opener’s and then the wall plate inside the garage that’s normal that comes with the garage door. But then an app to that I can open and close the garage door from anywhere you can also use dear fencing wear when you get so close I will open it for you automatically but I don’t utilize that

2 Likes

My wife and I do the exact same thing. She has her bulbs in her craft room, and mine are in my home music studio. When she wants me to come in and look at her crafting progress, she just flashes my bulbs. And when I want her to come and give a listen to my music progress, I flash hers. So neat!!

2 Likes

It’s nice when you can flash each other :+1:

:apple: George :grin:

2 Likes

I put a Wyze sense on my overhead garage door. If it is left up/open for more than 10 minutes (enough time for me to pull the car out or take the trash to the curb) I get a notification.

3 Likes

I lived with my deaf girlfriend in college for 2 years. I would carry a small flashlight in my pocket or around my neck. I would shine it across the room at what she was looking at, or her face, to get her attention. Of course this only works where I can see her.
Your idea works across the entire house, yard, pretty much anywhere. Good thinking.

2 Likes