Add More IFTTT Triggers and Actions

What you’re talking about is rule engine based. It’s possible to do more with IFTTT using web hooks, but difficult. A hub, especially one like Hubitat that runs rules locally does a better job at that with less effort once you are familiar with the system.

I just need the IFTTT action, then Hubitat can activate it by closing a virtual switch with their Rule Machine

1 Like

I don’t think this is likely to happen this year but I can’t say for certain.

I definitely need the “Motion not detected for X time (both camera and motion sensor)”.
I wonder how long they would be able to roll out these suggestions.
It has been a year already since the post so i guess there should be some additions to the triggers.

You can now create a rule for the Wyzecam using a person trigger to turn on another Wyze device. A work around for IFTTT would be to turn on say a Wyze light bulb and use the bulb turn on IFTTT trigger (which is supported) to trip another alarm.

I don’t understand why Wyze doesn’t better integrate with IFTTT by having a person detection IFTTT trigger

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Loss of Communication/Network Connection Notification

I just voted for this. I was glad of course to see it on the wishlist, but it’s dated a year ago. I’m hoping it’s reached a vote threshold where they implement it soon. If my reasoning for voting this up isn’t immediately clear, it’s because I want my Hue lights to flash inside the household only for person detection, not for every motion, while also having my SD card capture every motion whether detecting a person or not. If I reduced the motion sensitivity, then I could create a workaround but with the potential risk of my SD card not detecting every motion even when a person is present. On the flip side, with a person detection IFTTT trigger, I would also have a potential risk of my lights not flashing when a person is present and yet not detected by the algorithm. But at least I’ll still have the “backup” of the algorithm detecting all motion AND the SD card capturing all motion. For either scenario, this is why I have my SD card capturing continuously as a failsafe. I hope I explained that correctly, lol.

This would be awesome. I would personally use " * Move Pan Cam to a specified waypoint" so that I could give people privacy (in a way that they’d know we weren’t filming) at certain times or events. I’d just point all cameras at the wall.

This has an added benefit that in an emergency I can just reorient the cameras - different scenario if the people in the house unplug them because they’re uncomfortable.

2 Likes

I agree. Because all of my devices (other than the Wyze cams and Leeo) talk to my Smartthings hub and webCore, I really don’t need rules engine ability; just more triggers (person detected) and more actions. Although ideally, Smartthings integration would be the Holy Grail for me (which I already up voted), I understand that IFTTT will probably garner more votes because it is more universal.

1 Like

Richardcoop2’s workaround got me thinking. I would like to see the Wyze app support virtual switches. That way you could create a rule in the Wyze app like “if camera X detects a person, flip virtual switch Y”. If Wyze then exposed the virtual switch as a trigger in IFTTT, we co do a lot with that.

@unrealnighthawk @ ramseyerp

RE: UnrealNighHawk IFTTT Plays an audio alert with a Wyze Contact sensor opens

My Android Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro OS Android 10

Hello,

The Default sound “ALERT” plays just fine.

If I want my own sound, what format is needed …mp3, wav, aac, m4a ??

Should my own sound include the extention in sound box ? mysound.mp3 or just mysound

and… what location on my phone should this sound be located ?

I searched the phone folders using ES Explorer for “ALERT” sound file but didn’t find it.

Where should this sound file be located ?
/sdcard/Notifications /sdcard/Music /sdcard/Ringtones

Thanks

Chas

EDIT: I was able to choose my own sound, but would be the SAME sound for All Wyze notifications, I was hoping for an individual sound for each contact sensor and each motion sensor

@unrealnighthawk @ramseyerp

UPDATED 13 Oct 2019
My Android Phone OnePlus Pro 7 OS 10

To change the Notification sound for Wyze

Click on Settings Icon>Apps and Notifications>Notifications>Wyze>Advanced (Drop down arrow menu)>WyzeNormal>Advanced>Sound

From here you can choose (tick the circle) from Android’s various sounds: Allusion Amiable, Blare, etc OR better yet Choose (tick the circle) “Ringtone from internal storage”
Where you can place your own recording in .wav, mp3 format etc. Using the built in app “recorder” you can record a sound or in my case record your own voice saying “sensor activated”, etc

UPDATE:

CREDIT: Credit to BAM Forum Maven Aug 22
His Post: How to get Individual camera notifications ( workaround)

You can use the Android App “Lightflow Legacy” from the app store.

The Notification light feature will NOT work on my Android phone, But the Sound setting will !
I can now set individual sounds for each contact sensor, motion sensor and camera notifications !

I recorded my own voice saying… “Hall motion”, “Mailbox”, “Front Porch Person”, etc.

Chas

3 Likes

IFTTT person detection is exactly what I need !!!
It should be a quick win as adding person detection to IFTTT should not be so hard and it will help lots of people here .
For now my lights flashes for any motion event (using Smartthings ) which is a bummer .
I don’t have any workaround for it .

3 Likes

Yes, please add IFTTT person detection. These cameras would be so much more useful to me if I could get notifications throughout my house when a person is detected. please add this…if you do I will buy more cameras

7 Likes

Turning on/off vacation mode for devices from IFTTT would be helpful for me.

I have added vacation mode on/off to the list at the top of this topic. Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top.

1 Like

I really want a trigger that says contact sensor open for X min, then action.

There are two triggers for motion sensors: one for sensing motion, one for when the sensor is clear. Cameras only have the trigger for sense motion.

Use case: when a camera senses motion, a light (or led light strip) turns on, when motion is clear, the light turns off.
At this point, my light ends up on all night because of the cat! :scream_cat:

I have an issue kind of like that so far I have used a work around of plugging the strip light in a WYZE plug. The motion turns it on and it is set to just turn off after 4 minutes of being on. Obviously will not work unless your lights are a plug in style.

1 Like

I’m looking through IFTTT (just started using the app and I’m brand new to Wyze products so my apologies if I missed anything) and here are the things I would like to do but can’t figure out how:

1. Turn off my Wyze smart light when motion is no longer detected by my Wyze camera v2. (I was able to set a trigger in my Wyze App to turn on the camera when motion is detected)
  2. Have my Wyze smart light to go off at the same time as my alarm. (I have a rotating work schedule so I’m usually changing my alarm by 30 minutes give or take every day. It would also be acceptable to me if Wyze had its own alarm feature built into the app as long as I could control it with Google assistant voice commands and set them both with a single command like “Wake me up”.)
  3. Set off phone alarm if motion is detected by camera. (It is very easy for me to miss push notifications. I need something more attention grabbing so I don’t miss the notification for hours.)
  4. Google assistant voice command to display camera feed on phone.
  5. Play audio file when motion sensor goes off. (I’d like to have a warning play that informs any unwanted guests of the fact they are being recorded and that the recording is being backed up online so they can be motivated to leave)
  6. Stream camera feed to chromecast when motion sensor activates. (I’d like to show any unwanted guests the feed of them in my house so they see what the camera is seeing and know the police will see it as well if they don’t leave)
  7. Record to phone when motion sensor activates and continues until the sensor is clear. (I’d like to have a video saved of everything any unwanted guests might do in my home that isn’t saved locally on the camera they might destroy. And I’m aware that I could manually press the record button to do this but sometimes I miss the notifications.)

Edit: I’ve just started creating my own IFTTT applets and I was able to create 2 of them so far to turn on Wyze Smart Lights when you arrive home and to turn them off when you leave home.

I find this very handy as I arrive home after sunset most nights and always have to turn the same lights on when I arrive and having the option to turn all the lights off when I leave home puts my mind at ease that I haven’t forgotten anything and am wasting power.

I just wrote another IFTTT applet that will turn all your outlets off when you leave your house. This way I don’t have to worry that I’ve accidentally left anything on that is wasting power like my tv or computer monitor. You can just leave your house and everything with a Wyze smart outlet will turn off.

2 Likes