Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

I believe this should be possible soon. Wyze told us they are adding triggers for the HMS status to the rules:

When that happens, we might be able to set up a rule to have a camera siren go off if the alarm goes off.

1 Like

Thank you. It would really help people with hearing loss.

1 Like

Hi, does this mean that Wyze will be able to integrate the siren on the camera with the hub siren?? Please excuse my understanding of the issue to get a loud siren

Based on what was said, I am hoping that will be the case, but until it is actually released, I canā€™t say with absolute certainty.

1 Like

I currently have an industrial grade bullhorn siren mounted in the attic gable that is plugged into a set of Wyze plugs that will go off via a Rule when a door or window sensor is opened (when armed). I also have an indoor siren plugged in to a set of Wyze plugs doing the same.

I also have all my cam sirens activate when either siren plug is turned on and the sirens starts blaring.

But, because I canā€™t use the HMS Alarm status as a trigger (YET!), I have to ā€œArmā€ those plugs seperately from the HMS and use a bunch of sensor trigger rules to trigger them (one for each sensor).

I am really looking forward to Wyze introducing the HMS state into Rules Automations as a trigger (and maybe an action if we are really really lucky).

It is my hope that I can eliminate the Rube Goldberg secondary Siren mega rules setup and go to a single rule that activates all cam sirens and the add on siren plugs when the alarm triggers.

Thanks for the information. I think weā€™ll continue to patiently wait until Wyze can add the improvement needed to integrate the camera siren with their HSS. Wish I had your technical knowledge.

Hope so also. My bullhorn siren is in the attic and can be heard inside and out. The goal of the siren is to get people to notice. and to make the intruder vacate. I am not a fan of having to purchase cameras just to make a noise. Trigger rules are the best (and easiest IMO).

1 Like

The best would allow multiple hubs to link together.

Iā€™m pleased to confirm that the 2.40 App beta now currently supports HMS status as a trigger, and I can confirm that it does indeed allow us to integrate camera sirens with the hub siren (have the camera sirens turn on when the alarm status is triggered, and have the camera sirens turn off when you cancel the alarm, or set the alarm to disarmed). Very awesome update in Beta testing coming to everyone soon!

Anyone who wants it immediately can sign up as a beta tester.

Hopefully Wyze will still make a loud siren product, but this is a great workaround coming out soon for some people in the meantime!

1 Like

Please sign me up if this means I will have a loud siren for my Wyze Home Security System. I sincerely hope Iā€™m not reading something in your email that isnā€™t there. Thank you

1 Like

Woo-hoo! I am hesitant to try beta but nice to know they are finally

doing this. I will be very interested in seeing how this works for the brave beta testers here.

1 Like

WOW!!! Iā€™m happy about this, itā€™s finally happening! :slight_smile:

1 Like

By saying that HMS is a trigger, then I hope it means they can trigger any device on alarm (and turn off when the alarm is disabled), even a plug or lights, and not just a camera siren. Sounds promisingā€¦

1 Like

For most people I would recommend just waiting until it pushes out publicly, which could be 1-4 weeks based on the average time App updates go through Betaā€¦but I canā€™t speak for Wyze, I am just basing it on the average Iā€™ve seen.

For anyone who really wants to not wait a couple of weeks, you can follow the instructions about how to become a beta tester here:

For a little taste, here is a sample of the status triggers theyā€™re making available to us:

So you can set a trigger as ā€œDetects an Alarmā€ then set the action as ā€œTurn on the sirenā€ for each camera that you want to turn on a siren for. Then set ā€œCancels the Alarmā€ as another trigger, and set the actions as ā€œTurn off the sirenā€ for each camera that you previously set to turn on the siren for in the other rule. Now, anytime your alarm is triggered, all those cameras will also run their siren with the Hub siren too, and any time you cancel the alarm, it will turn off the siren for all those cameras too. Pretty cool option so we can have a siren on every floor, etc. now.

Again, I want to specify that I would still like Wyze to create a dedicated loud siren in the future (ie: for 2024), but I am grateful for this workaround while we wait for that! It is awesome! Look forward to it coming available, hopefully with your next app update! :tada:

Do you know which cam models this works for?

Please explain something, does this product improvement only apply to cameras and not the home security system??

Hi Maryann,

This applies to the Home Security System. When an alarm goes off, it will setoff the sirens on the cameras. So, instead of a loud siren, it will trigger multiple sirens (depending on how many cameras you have). The theory, as I understand it, is that the sirens on the cameras are pretty loud. It wonā€™t help you inside, if you donā€™t have any inside cameras. Also, it is unclear what model camera is supported. I would not get your hopes up on this. I think they got the trigger (rule) in better shape on the HUB, but, if it only triggers a camera, then it is short sighted. It needs to trigger any Wyze device (just my 2 cents).

Ken

1 Like

Thank you so much for explaining this to me. I honestly did get my hopes up. I do have 2 indoor cameras, but donā€™t know if this new feature helps me. Thanks again

Thanks again @WyzeTeam

I can now set a rule to set off my addon alarm when my Wyze home monitoring hub alarm is detected.

Awesome :+1:

3 Likes

You are correct in the understanding that the earliest Wyze Cams models do not currently have a siren capability, but basically all the newer ones do. So the ones that do not yet have a siren capability, are the Wyze Cam V1, Wyze Cam V2 and Pan Cam V1ā€¦those donā€™t currently support a siren alarm sound for rules. I do not know if that capability will ever be added or not, but it is definitely not there right now.

Almost all the other cameras do support a siren, including the Wyze Cam V3, the Wyze Cam Outdoor models, and even the newer Pan Cam V2, Pan Cam V3, and OG cameras all allow setting a siren as a rule action. So if anyone has one of those cameras, then this will work well for you.

Another option is if you have a Wyze Plug, you can buy your own loud real siren, and plug it in to the Wyze plug. Then have it so whenever the Wyze plug turns on, the siren blares out loud. Then you can still use this new feature to trigger a loud siren. You would just have the trigger for whenever the alarm is detected, cause the action to turn on the Wyze plug (which then makes the siren sound turn on). Then set it so when the alarm is disarmed, the wyze plug is turned off (thus turning off the siren). That is another GREAT option for people who donā€™t have any of the cameras in their house.

1 Like