5 degree spread in heating/cooling setting for wyze thermostat

PLEASE reduce or even remove the 5 degree hold. Even the “dumb” thermoset that I had on there before had an ‘auto’ feature with a 3 degree spread. It’s literally the only thing causing me not to recommend it to anyone. Is there any word from Wyze if a fix is in the works?

Part of the problem may be that this goes hand-in-hand with the temperature differential range. They allow up to a 3° differential which forces a gap of 5° including 2° buffer so that the system doesn’t trigger heat, then cool. They would have to reduce the temperature differential range to 2° or 1.5° if they were to reduce the gap to 4 or 3. Feature trade offs.

Definitely agree gap should be 3degrees not 5 if it’s where it would fight it I would just switch to one or the other modes I’ve had it since it came out and it really frustrates me the days where it’s 70-80s during day then 50-60s at night I have to keep adjusting back n fourth other wise I wake up in the middle of the night an it’s freezing in my house cause it’s switch for 67-72 and I have to raise it up to 70 I set different times of the day to change ranges but then I get a week we’re it’s clod during the day an have to change it again an my program time changes it back I just hate have to keep messing with it during spring an fall my sister has the nest and it’s 3 degrees an is so much better I think it has like a 10 min delay so it doesn’t fight itself but she never has to touch it wish they would do the same

1 Like

I dont understand why there is a 5 degree spread. If it is cold out the house temp will be falling without the heat running. If it is warm out the house temp will be rising without the cool running. There is no chance if you set the temp to 68 that it would cycle back and forth. If temp is set to 68 and no differential existed other than say 1 degree, on a warm day it would satisfy at say 67.5. Home temp would naturally rise due to heat gain and ac would cycle back on. If it was a cool day temp would fall and heat would cycle on, repeat. Why not just have a set to temp. Set her to 68 at 8pm and 72 at 8am. Weather would take care of the rest. If it’s 80 deg in house at 759pm the ac comes on and keeps it cool until 8am when it stops cooling or cranks on the heat If needed to get to 72. Love wyze but these are going back to Amazon. Overly rigid, under thought.

There are situations in spring/fall where the house is heated in the morning but warms during the day, after which the air conditioner is turned on. MASSIVE inefficiency, sucking out the heat YOU just provided.

So just turn on heat only, or cool only. Or forget the ‘smart’ part of the program that is trying to protect you from yourself.

Why is Wyze not listening to customers! I have everything wyze offers, (cams, vacuum, door bell, door lock, watch) however wyze’s refusal to correct this amazes me. I have owned their thermostat for over a year, hoping for an update that never came. I finally reached out and they told me it’s not going to happen. Horrible!! I am a grown adult and pay the bills, but wyze would rather I throw their device in the trash, than allow someone to control their temp.

edit I agree with others, 3 degree gap would be acceptable, but a 5 degree gap is not.

3 Likes

Yes definitely they do not listen to customers so annoying I’ve been really thinking of changing my thermostats just sucks will have to use another app

3 Likes

Seems to be across-the-board on their products. How long have people been asking for a daek mode on their displays?

I just put in a new Heatpump and frustrated to come home to a 77 degree home when it should be cooling to 70 or heating to 70 as we are swinging in temps here in Texas.

About to throw this thing in the trash and just get a plain old thermostat.

Dumbest smart thermostat ever. why cant i just set it to 70. it heats to 75 then the air comes on. most frustrating device ever.

1 Like

I definitely agree. Every time the seasons change, it’s like living in hell. Saving up some extra cash to dump this thermostat and switch to one that is more user friendly.