2.28+ App Release (Take 2!) - 3/7/22

I’m not going to be able to to provide you any assistance…and limited encouragement.

I did not upgrade my v.102 app and won’t until it has features added I can use or it fixes existing bugs in v.102 that bother me. I have all my cams on CamPlus and that didn’t change. As I read in the update notes https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes

" 2.28.1.109 (March 7, 2022)

• Added support for Cam Plus Lite
  • Added support for thumbnail images for Wyze Cam Events for compatible cameras. Video clips are still available for devices using Cam Plus Lite."

I do not have CamPlusLite, so I do not need that functionality.

Also. if you havn’t seeen it, they have issued a new update “HotFix” (v.111) already for the app version .109 problems which shows to be reporting some positive feedback:

1 Like

Hooray! The Android Hotfix 2.28.2.111 Released fixed the issue with my Android 11 Pixel 2 phone and I can now access “Events” without the Wyze app crashing. I think that I will have to become one of their beta testers so that my negative tech Karma gets fully aussaged before they release a new update.

-Bob W

1 Like

I’m going to wait until others find the update is working. Wyze has historically NO quality control of the product and started to sell (prematurely) their products at a best (cheap) price. I have 12+ cameras (from the 1st to V3, Outdoor), sprinkler controllers, vacs, door-locks, smart watches, weighing machine, etc. Have had premature failures of cams, … . The software/apps are buggy always when installed and don’t always reboot and connect. The support was “great” in the early stage/years but now stinks! The web and navigation is so bad, U always end up in the forum!
As others commented, Wyze has “grand visions” and is aggressively becoming a SAAS so that the owners will be in the $B club! There is nothing wrong with the goal (B$ club) it is at the expense of the expense of the consumers (loosers)!

1 Like

Please don’t equivocate a bug with forethought on what Wyze wants. Wyze is super-clear on what they want with announcements, even if no one understands those announcements. :joy:

I doubt they are trying to limit bandwidth from watching a camera continuously, because the transmissions from the camera to you are DIRECT from the camera to your device if inside your own home.

But seriously, I view my cams in live view a lot, and they don’t time out. Are you in single cam live view or group live view?

1 Like

Why cant they fix MINOR issues with the new app releases? the “simple fix” for the AM/PM hold in IOS is still not fixed… it was stated this could be fixed on the fly, – this post is titled [2.28+ App Release (Take 2!) must be mislabeled as the release was, this was probably meant to be [2.28+ App Release (Take 2 the trash)

iOS WyzeBeta app v2.28.2 (a24) has resurrected a freezing bug. Once again, it froze my iPhone so badly that the clock stopped running and the phone was totally non-responsive to ANY button or combination of buttons. After 5 minutes, the iPhone rebooted by itself—fortunately, because there was no way to power it off or force it to reboot.

This was an ongoing problem in a prior version of the iOS app; no other app has ever done that to my phone. It’s disastrously bad coding.

Wyze has said that you can no longer record 12s videos, only images until you buy Cam Plus, so you won’t have your 12s videos for long! LOL!

I pay $15.00 per year for one V3 camera. If you don’t want to pay get cam plus lite. If you have a WCO just do scheduled event recording to a SD in the cam.

1 Like

I won’t buy anything else from them ever. When they sell you a camera and tell you that you can watch 12 second video for free I don’t think it’s cool to later on take that away just because they’re greedy and want more money! I will live with just having images rather than be extorted like this. I wonder when they’ll take the images away? Hmmm.

So, is the $19.99 Cam Plus package for as many cameras as you want or per camera?

$19.99 EACH camera! I might do it if it was for the whole account, but hell no for each camera.

That won’t work, you are forced to update or you can’t see anything from your cameras.

My phone was updated yesterday and I have not had any issues on android.

I don’t recall Wyze claiming that you can’t record 12 second clips without paying. CamPlus Lite records 12 second clips AND gives you Person Detection. And, you don’t have to pay for it if you don’t believe that 12 second video clips and Person Detection is a valued service worthy of payment. You can opt to pay $0, which is what Wyze offered to every existing customer who was not on CamPlus. You could pay whatever you feel that service is worth if you wanted…or not.

It is not a bait and switch. Wyze introduced a new ground floor tier below that of what the existing customers… below CamPlus, were on. And, out of concern and generosity for their existing customers on the previous bottom tier, they offered them CamPlus Lite with the same 12 second clips and 5 min cooldown they had before…plus Person Detection AI. So, if customers migrated over to CamPlus Lite, and paid whatever amount they thought it was worth, they would have more than they had before and it wouldn’t cost them a dime unless they thought the addition was worth it.

Was this transition confusing? YES! Wyze seriously missed the communication explanation and timing on this one.

Was the transition without snags? NO! Wyze did all this at the same time that app and firmware updates to support it were rolled out and these have been… well… a little bumpy.

So, your choices are…

1. Video Snapshot Thumbnails with NO AI - $0
  2. CamPlus Lite, 12s clips, 5 min cooldown, and Person Detection, Pay $ whatever you want…or not.
  3. CamPlus, full length video, no cooldown, person vehicle package pet detection, - $19.99ann/cam ($14.99 for existing subscribers)
  4. CamPlus Pro… The whole shebang.

Also, even with the thumbnail clip in the “Ground Floor” option and the 12 second clip CamPlus Lite, just like CamPlus, if you have an SD card in your cam, you can opt to watch the video represented by the thumbnail or clip by clicking the view playback and it will stream you that timeframe from the SD card.

I have 12 cams on CamPlus. I believe the service I am receiving for the price I am paying is worth the security I am getting. I also have the Wyze HMS and Thermostat which are integrated.

If you are having issues viewing video events, I would highly suggest submitting a [ticket] EDIT: Log, contacting a Wyze Wizard at the help desk, and searching the forum for someone having the same issue. It is imperative that you provide your app and firmware version though… there have been so many issues that it may be because there is a bug in the app or the firmware version you have.

Best of luck!

6 Likes

I received nothing telling me that the features were changing and that they would hold us hostage to buy CamPlus if we still wanted videos.

Here is some updated info about the change with Cam Plus Lite. No need to buy a regular Cam Plus license if you want videos, Camplus Lite has a pay what you want structure where you can place $0 if you want to have the ability to have the 12 second videos again (along with person detection).

2 Likes

Unfortunately the new app is so broken it’s next to impossible to select Cam Plus Lite on any cameras. Constant nag screen to sign up to Cam Plus when I am already subscribed. Have to force close and restart to go to account and see that I actually have Cam Plus already, but click on it once and go back, and it says No Cam Plus Yet. Looking at events, constant nag screen to join Cam Plus even its already subscribed to. How Wyze isn’t aware of these issues is beyond me. Maybe that’s why they post an update that still says WyzeBeta? No attention to detail or drive to fix what’s broke before breaking more things… Very unfortunate.

@UserCustomerGwen
Hello, I haven’t looked at my camera settings in a long time. And I have 10 of your V2 and V3 cameras. And all but 1 camera had their various settings not correct. 4 of the cameras were set to record to Record to a MicroSD Card. When none of my cameras have a SD Card. So I turned that off. But all had various Detection, Event and Notifications settings incorrect from how I have had them.

Have you heard of this? And this was my first time looking at the settings in 6 months. And no, no one else has this access.

Regards,
Bob

Just wanted to sneak in and say that it’s a good practice to verify all camera settings after any update has been done. Have you updated camera firmware in the last 6 months? Sometimes when upgrading camera firmware some setting choices are reverted or changed from where you had set them previously. Also after app updates it’s going to verify that things are where you want them.

Yes, all cameras are firmware updated. I do that every time I get the prompt.

Well you can say it’s nice to verify all setting after an update, but when you have 10+ cameras… And why should we have to? Doesn’t the software work? I don’t double check all my settings after a Windows or a macOS update. Why on earth would a firmware update change settings? If you’re saying yes, then that needs to be looked into at Wyze. But I have to be honest as always in this forum the responsibility by Wyze is push back on the customer to deal with bugs, problems. There is no way I could tell my client what you told me. I’d be off that account in heartbeat.
Appreciate your reply.