2.28+ App Release (Take 2!) - 3/7/22

Appreciate the feedback. I’m on 2.28.0 102. Not sure why it’s crashing when it hasnt been updated, and I definitely don’t have event videos back after making sure CPL was toggled on, which it is. I mostly want to know when I will see the update, as it seems like it is available for Android users yet I don’t see it. I have restarted, refreshed, cleared cache, etc etc. Although it sounds like the update won’t fix the problem either.

1 Like

I just updated the wyze app to 2.28.1.109 per the recent email to update.
The app was working just fine on my Samsung tab 5se.
After the update the app just closes when I try to view events.

How do I revert to the previous version?

1 Like

I did my S20+ this afternoon

I posted about here: After App Update today+, make sure you change each Camera's Event Recording Type

All of my cams were switched to ‘Video’ by Wyze overnight. It took some time, but it got done.

On my iOS I didn’t have crashing problems, but I couldn’t switch from Image to Video. All cams had Cam Plus Lite.

When I went to bed, there were only a couple cameras out of 11 currently online that were set to Video (I could never change it, but a couple were there).

At 3 AM ET all but 2 V2s and a V3 were there. Still couldn’t switch those 3 myself.

At 4 AM all cams were set to Video.

So, nice work behind the scenes, Wyze. Still need to be able to do that myself, but this was a good quick fix! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wyze is aware of this issue. It’s purely a naming issue and an update has been submitted to Apple which fixes it.

4 Likes

Having the same problem on my Android 11 phone. Tried deleting cache, removing and reinstalling the app and nothing helped. I can access the video feed from the Wyze cam but not the Events. Everything worked fine yesterday under the previous version of the Wyze app. Can we go back to that earlier version?

2 Likes

Never a dull moment fir every Wyze ap and furmware release.

Do Not update after these posted comments?

Wyze founders’ outsized ambitions…

“…Big old plans to change the world: Create a company bigger than Amazon.”

…virtually guarantee a bumpy ride.

Same here…updated Tab A7 and app crashes. Sent report through app, see what happens.

I am having the same problem with Android 9 and Android 10, Android 12 seems to work better.

Android:2.28.1.109 version released on 3/2/ crashing when opening events, the app crash and close immediately. It happened on Moto G power running Android 11. It did not happen on a Moto G7 power running Android 10.

Same problem here, need a fix

1 Like

Because WE are beta test subjects now.

I have installed App Version 2.28.1(109) + received invoice for adding Cam Plus Lite. I waited 24 hours (more than recommended 1 hour) for activation. My 5 each CamV3 cameras previously received video events before the App change. BUT NOW - when I click the Events Icon the Wyze App V2.28.1(102&109) kicks me completely out of the program and closes the Wyze App.

IS IT POSSIBLE MY OLDER ROUTER IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WYZE APP STANDARDS?
Router is Netgear AC1000 model R6080-100NAS
Standard = IEEE 802.11 - IPv6 support (Internal Protocal Version 6)

Following is a list of how I updated to new App:

1. WYZE APP/ACCOUNTS/ABOUT = V. 2.28.1 (109)
  2. ACCOUNT/SERVICES = Cam Plus Lite subscribed and added all 5 cameras to the list
  3. Camv3 CAMERA SETTINGS for each are:
    A. Firmware Updated = V. 4.36.8.26
    B. Detection Zone = ON (Says Required by CamPlusLite)
    C. Event recording = motion only
    D. Recording type = Video
    E. Notifications = On
  4. ADVANCED SETTINGS/RECORD TO MICROSD CARD = EVENTS ONLY
  5. SETTINGS/RESTART EACH CAMERA
  6. SETTINGS/DEVICE INFO:
    A. Confirmed IP Address is assigned/present
    B. Confirmed Camera Firmware = 4.36.8.26
    C. Confirmed good signal strength
    D. Plug In Version listed = 2.28.5.1

Nah, you’re good, it’s just their bad code.

2 Likes

Same here. After update this morning, clicking event tab crashes the app. Android on Samsung tablet. Wyze version 2.28.1.109. Android version 9. Working fine on my Motorola phone. Wyze version 2.28.0.102. Android version 11. I would strongly recommend that you DO NOT update your Wyze app until they resolve this debacle!

Me too. Android 12 fixed itself, but android 11 still crashes when you go to events.
One weird thing: one camera sd playback mode was stuck in the future. It would only display April 4th 2022, if I clicked on today’s date, it would blip today and jump right back (or forward) to 04/04/2022. The video would play sometime today’s recording (the video timestamp) ,but say it was next month.
I hope we get a fix for android 11 soon.

Using the App on my iPad as a security camera monitor watching a pan cam, After a few minutes the screen dims and then goes dark. Have to then click the home button and it will reconnect the camera. This never happened before. Sounds like Wyze is trying to limit bandwidth from watching a camera continuously? I don’t see this in the release notes.

Greetings everyone. If you haven’t read it yet, check out Gwendolyn’s post Fix-It Friday 3/4/22 - #19 by WyzeGwendolyn on the Fix-it Friday 3/4/22 topic. The app update was pulled due to all the issues everyone is having.