Wyze V2 Doorbell not longer recording events or sending notifications

Same issue with me.
After the cloudflare issue, I had to unwire then rewire the vdbv2 to get it back online. Now that it’s online, I am not receiving any notifications.
Prior to the cloudeflare issue though, I believe the notifications were working and I am on the latest firmware

We are a week shy of 2 months, between the threads here, support calls and complaints on social media I’m stunned concerning the complete inaction.

Either the firmware caused a severe hardware issue that they cannot fix…but if that was the case why would the update keep getting pushed?

Or there really is nobody at the helm for this and they will continue to sell a product that will lose most of it’s functionality as soon as the customer installs and it forces the update.

It’s really too bad, for years I kept being free advisement for Wyze as their cameras had always worked amazingly for me and they were so cheap.

1 Like

I doubt this will be the solution for all or anyone. But I just want to post my update. After restarting the camera from the app software. The notifications are now on time.
Just a reminder I had re added my vdbv2 as a new device and it’s possible that is also related.

I’m sure it’s not hardware because the led ring around the push button flashes every time someone or something approaches it. Just no recording events in cloud or application notifications. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I am guessing you tried this already. But if you haven’t I recommend restarting the device. In doorbell settings at the bottom restart. This fixed my issue

Many restarts even power cycling for 30 minutes also 24 volt transformer. Also reset to cloud service and sync in advanced section.
Tried the chime “your being recorded” and turning off wide dynamic range maybe sun spots over driving optical lenses.
It’s recording to SD card fine except some times there is no event markings on it viewing though application must be in the communication between it and server there not being compatible somewhere.

1 Like

One of my two vdbv2s suddenly appeared as offline. Yet it was running and displaying live view video. No notifications but events continued to be recorded. Doorbell press and chime continued to work but the detection announcements from the doorbell and Alexa or GH announcements ceased to function. It also continued to get involuntarily switched to all motion from smart detections in the app (current discussion in another thread). It could not be restarted from the app as all attempts came back as failed. I turned off power at the transformer but when reconnected it came back up as offline. Finally, decided to dismount the doorbell and do a reset with the setup button. That did work and everything is back to normal.

I hope this is not a frequent occurrence. Second vdbv2 is working continuously without failure except for the involuntary switching issue.

UPDATE: Second vdbv2 that is working continuously without failure, just bricked the 128gb sdcard that was in it. Overwriting failed last I checked status of card and it was at capacity. I won’t rule out the possibility of card failure. Can’t access in cam nor on home computer.

I wish I had know of this issue before I ordered and installed.
No event recording.
No notifications.
No real support.

I have been passed off the the Wyze Wizard who is doing a song and dance.
Since I have had it only 4 days, It may be time to pack it up and send it back.
The good news, I bought through Amazon…much easier return process…

1 Like

After many updates it records motion of light changes great! but if a person walks up to it nothing, no motion recording or notification.

I still have no notifications or anything does anything help like resetting i had no help from costumer support

It will be 2 months tomorrow, they have been very aware of the situation and either choose not to or are unable to resolve the problem.

Yet I get multiple emails about sales or new products, terrible company, I had been singing their praise to people for years since my first WyzeCam. Lesson learned

Nope nothing.

Are you subscribed to cam plus or cam unlimited? Must be if you want event recordings and notifications. Can you post screenshots of settings and advanced settings?

This isn’t accurate. I don’t have any Wyze subscriptions, and I have continuous recordings (including tagged events) on microSD and receive notifications, but I’m also still on firmware version 4.51.1.8444 from January of this year. Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying?

Your correct don’t need a subscription in any firmware version.

I stand corrected for misinformation. Should have made sure of facts. I’ve never used cams without subscription and didn’t use sdcards for monitoring until later. Will do better with future post.

Hey :wave: is cool that’s why we’re all here to learn. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, don’t sweat it. I just wanted to chip in so that someone else who came along wouldn’t get the wrong idea.

I have 3 camplus subscriptions. I moved one of them to the doorbell. Setup detection zone (also tried without detection zone), set sensitivity to 100, enable events recording and notifications. When there is a light wind blowed on a leave in middle of the day, I got event recorded almost 100% of the time. However, no event recorded when I walked passed by the camera at approximately 10 feet away. No event recorded when cars drove by either. This problem also exists without camplus subscription assigned to camera.

Correction:
I do sometimes get event recordings of person/car. But probably only 5% of the time and at various times of the day. I haven’t figured out how and at what conditions it works.

After countless emails and log files sent to them they finally replaced one of my version 2 doorbell cameras that I have in trouble with.
I got the replacement the other day and installed it without updating the firmware and it’s been working fine the morning I installed it and then for some reason at 9:55 in the morning it stopped receiving person notifications. So I upgraded the firmware to the 8444 and it’s been working the past 3 days. I’m afraid to upgrade it to the 9807 a case it is a firmware problem. But I believe I had a hardware problem because my camera wasn’t working right since I bought it 7 months ago. And my other one works just fine with a 9807 firmware.

1 Like