Wyze Thermostat no C wire Nordyne unit

I need pictures.

Thank you. Attached is a photo of the overall wire setup at the heater, a photo of the old thermostat wiring connections, and a photo of the electrical schematic at the heater. If you need something closer or from a different angle, easy to do. I appreciate your willingness to help.

2nd photo…

3rd photo …

With the power off, strip back about 1/4 of an inch of insulation from the large grey wire and the thin blue wire.
Then connect them together with a wire nut.

At the thermostat side of things, pull out the blue wire and strip about a 1/4 of an inch off the end and connect it to C on your wyze thermostat. Connect the red Rh wire to Rc, and the white W1 wire to W1. The green wire’s not hooked up on the other end, so no need to connect it to anything- if you want, you can wrap it around the cable like the blue wire was, otherwise just tuck it out of the way so it doesn’t touch anything and become live.

During setup, tell they wyze that your “old thermostat” has the following wires connected: Rc, W1, and C.

2 Likes

I am following up after receiving and installing the new thermostat. All of the instructions worked perfectly. You didn’t have to take the time to respond, but you did and I wanted to say Thank You.

1 Like

I have an e2eb 015hb can you help me connect my Wyze thermostat?

With the power off,
take the blue wire from here, unwind it and strip about a quarter inch of insulation off and wire nut it to the grey wire with the black wire nut.

Take the blue wire at your thermostat, strip a quarter inch of insulation off and connect it to C
(if you don’t see a blue wire, gently pull on the thermostat wires in the wall, it should be in there somewhere.)
Green wire to G
Red wire to Rc
White wire to W1

Tell the wyze app that your old thermostat uses the following wires:
R, W, C, G.

Your source of heat is electric.

1 Like

Mr. Speadie you are the sauce! I haven’t experienced the attention you shared and service is second to no other. For this I thank you.

As a flow up it I connect my ac portion would I need t change anything from the wires? Thank you, again!

1 Like

If you have an air conditioner , the compressor would normally be controlled by the yellow wire, It’s not hooked up at the blower or the old thermostat, so I’m guessing you don’t have one?

I do have one just have t had it hooked up yet.

Found this forum trying to figure out how to set up my new Honeywell thermostat.

Where would I connect the blue wire?

Probably here, if the yellow wire was connected to your Y terminal on your old thermostat.