Wyze Outage and Investigation of Security Issue

Yes, I’ve been experiencing everything you said to the T but it’s been happening on all my cameras, then when you bring it up to customer support they act like you did something and they act like they don’t know of the issues

I’m pretty sure my v3 is either bricked or requires a manual/forced firmware update to restore it to working condition - if that’s even possible via the SD Card.
I’ve tried all the suggestions in this thread with no luck.
Holding down the Setup button for more than 10 seconds simply makes the camera repeat “Factory Settings Restored” every 10 seconds. Then it starts with “Ready to Connect” and it never reads the QR code.
I’ve tried inverting the image vertically as suggested in the v3 troubleshooting guide but no luck.
I’ve tried scanning the image on multiple devices with varying brightness/contrast settings but no luck.
This is really disappointing as my v3 is only a few months old and my other cameras have been up and running for years.
I guess I have to open a support ticket and see what happens.
Good luck everyone - hope you get your issues resolved.

We had offline cameras clicking and going nuts, definitely assuming someone else was controlling them.scared the crap out of the kids so I had to run around unplugging them. This is a major issue and unacceptable by any means.

Waiting on a lawsuit and planning to replace Wyze after multiple security failures.

1 Like

Remove the SD Card if one is present. Press the reset button, power on. Hold the reset button for 45 seconds. This will factory reset the V3. Power cycle again. Press the reset button and you will hear ready to connect. Try the add camera process again. Good Luck!

And this is why there should be an option of LOCAL only firmware. Wyze push you so much for us to buy their cloud storage. [Mod Edit] cloud storage. It’s not the first time WYZE as security issues. I own a Wyze v2 and v3. This should not be handled slighty… The only way they can redem themself would be letting the enduser in control of their data aka LOCAL… but we all know it won’t happen $$$. Guys do yourself and invest in your privacy: HomeAssistant + POE cameras.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Yeah, unfortunately no luck with this suggestion either.
The v3 cam just sits at “Waiting to connect” and still doesn’t recognize the QR code.
It’s likely stuck in some odd loop that would require a firmware refresh/update to clear what is likely corrupted code.
Thanks for the suggestion though - appreciated!

strong text

Same….

After app reset I had to add all 3 cameras and my doorbell back onto my app. My annual subscription for Cam+ also just renewed. Now I am not showing a Cam + subscription. Is this due to the current ongoing issues? Thank you.

We’re now several days into this incident. While all
my cams (and I have a bunch of them) and my events seem to have come back online, I am still not able to download any of the videos recorded in the early morning hours of 2/16. Is this going to be fixed? I can see the videos on the app, just can’t download them. Like others, as fate has it I had some stuff happen that night that I need to provide to certain “agencies”, but I can’t.

I just downloaded some videos from early morning of 2/16 from the events page without issues. Videos from WCO v1, and V3 Pro, I had no cloud events from the V3 cams since they were off line but they were recording continuous to the SD card so the events are available on the cards. Using iOS app.

Mine did the same, deleted it, tried to add it, kept being told “reading the QR code timed out rescan”, gave up.

1 Like
1 Dont delete from App. Just Reinstall and name it the same.
2 Hold setup button and power on. Keep holding setup button, you will hear ready to connect. CONTINUE to hole the setup button until the red light on the front turns solid red.
3 Power off the camera.
4 Power the camera back on. Wait 20 seconds then push the setup button. You will hear ready to connect. Now make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4GH network. Go thru the normal install sequence.
5 Let me know if this works for you. It has always worked for me?

Also remove SD Card first if you have one installed……

Still can’t get my home monitoring hub to connect.

Never even realized it was down until i realized the alarm wasnt setting at night

Ive powered cycled my wifi before learning there was issues.
Upset there wasn’t an app announcement of known issues.

1 Like

Cam still down here as well.

Power cycle your hub, it fixed it for me: Hold the reset button firmly for around 10 seconds until the LED’s flash, then immediately let go. This will force it to search for a fresh connection.

Try a factory reset. Lots of people have said that brought their camera back online.

My events loaded two days ago after the outage but they are not loading now