Wyze installer

I am looking for a Wyze installer in the SouthWest Houston, TX area.

Wyze products are straight forward to install. Which one exactly do you need help with?

The property is a 115 Unit complex in Southwest Houston TX

I would like to create a network of external Wyze cameras. I am looking for someone that I can hire to set up the system.

I know they are straight forward to install but I still need someone to physically set up the system [Mod Edit]

talk.

Thanks

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I must assume you realize that the Wyze products are sold as DIY…I don’t think you’ll find anyone as a commercial installer as a result.

1 Like

I would do it but I am not in your area, I live in Northern California.

You would need a mesh WiFi System to have WiFi coverage throughout complex, then once you have suitable WiFi coverage the cameras could be installed throughout the property.

But being a commercial property you would be better off with a REAL commercial CCTV system with DVR, but those are costly too…

1 Like

Agree with @bryonhu regarding your requirements. Wyze works for a smaller, personal installation but isn’t designed for something like a complex with 115 units. The cameras aren’t really reliable enough for something that large and would require CamPlus subscriptions for every one of the cameras which might be expensive.

There are better options.

For a commercial quality systems this is a reputable company
ATV Research Security Cameras * DVR’s * NVR’s *…and more!

Sorry, I do not understand the importance of having a REAL commercial CCTV system with DVR.

What can that type of system provide that Wyze cannot provide?

Can you provide me with some guidance related to extenders and other elements and processes of setting up this system, including uploading video to the Cloud?

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

You should not post personal info on the forum. If you want to communicate with someone directly send them a message from the forum. You should delete your phone number.

I talked with him as I do commercial systems and explained the differences.
I let him know that he should delete his personal info too, if he does not maybe a mod should.

I let him know that the Wyze cam is more a home/hobbyist type of camera that sometimes has issues like having to power cycle cameras, etc… and he is many miles away and that would be an issue.

I also explained the cost of a mesh system would be expensive too for that kind of coverage, the cost of camplus and cameras. Plus waterproofing indoor power adapter etc… by the time your done a commercial system isn’t that much more expensive and has no need for a subscription.

Ok. Not sure how to delete my phone number

use the pencil icon to edit your posts…

I would be weary of not only making sure your wifi network is robust enough, now your competing with atleast 115 other wifi networks in that same area not counting any from the neighborhood. Best in a commercial/industrial is to use a hardwired system, centrally secured storage option. Better control over your system, able to easyier maintain a system of higher res cameras, more secure, better in a business environment.

1 Like

An installer. :grinning:

Local storage, multiple camera views, power over ethernet for cameras, easier fastward/rewind to view recordings, with ups, continued recording/monitoring during power outage, not reliant on internet/cloud, wired is more reliable connection than wireless, email or text notification of events.

You’re responding to the wrong person.
@allenash asked the question, not me.

I know…I was just elaborating on your post. :grin:

2 Likes