Wyze Home Monitoring Service with keypad, sensors, and 911 dispatch

Please offer monitoring for business locations. I own a small shop that I’d like to have monitored and honestly I’d like to do it in they Wyze ecosystem (or at least try). I do understand that this is an initial offering, but please add business monitoring as soon as possible.

Both of WYZE’s direct competition (Ring and Simplisafe) offer monitoring for business and I believe there’s a market for this for WYZE.

Thanks.

I have already pre ordered the home monitoring system and I am excited to integrate the functionality into my home. However, one feature that would be welcomed is the ability to create a dock that can integrate my current “dumb” sensors from my old system into Wyze sensors. I’m sure there is a way to do this similar to the dock made for the Wyze sprinkler system. I know I could just buy a bunch of entry way sensors and motion sensors, but this requires me to rip out the old system that is already placed strategically and would also require some repainting etc. I picture the hub connecting to these “dumb” sensors and then converting their signals over to the hub for the integration.

Like and vote this up if you’d like to integrate your old system to a Wyze system as well

4 Likes

Yes! There are several threads here that are similar, asking for a way to integrate existing sensors into the Wyze Home Monitoring system. That would make it extremely attractive! -=P=-

After speaking to one of your agents about your new home monitoring I would like to suggest multiple modes for arming your system rather than just home (off) and away (on). You should add an armed “home” mode(s) so you can arm certain sensors while you are home but say the motion sensor between the bedroom and the bathroom is off so you don’t set it off in the middle of the night. Multiple modes would be useful. I’d like to arm the garage during the day even while I’m home but be able to go in and out of the house freely. Customization is key!

4 Likes

We’re currently using SimpliSafe until Wyze ships out their new home monitoring system. One of the things SimpliSafe has that I noticed Wyze doesn’t is a keyfob. I would love to see them add an optional keyfob to be used with this system.

3 Likes

I have had Simply Safe home security system for the last 6 years. I really loved the system and had no intention to switch at all until I started having problems with the sensitivity of the motion sensors. They are too sensitive and even when you place them correctly ( away from direct sunlight, heating duct, at least 6 feet height etc. ) the engineers simply told me to flip the component upside down. I have a 5 pound dog that has set this motion sensor off more times than I would like and this is a known problem for simply safe even with the latest version 3 system upgraded components. I know the Home Monitoring System is in its infancy and Wyze will probably release more features but I found the glass break sensors to be a must and also a extra siren. I have a 3 level house and if I am upstairs or in the basement I can put a siren / extra speaker on each level and there is a chime associated with the base station that lets you know when an entry sensor is open. I don’t always have my phone on my person 100 % of the time when I’m at home so its refreshing to hear the chime when a door is opened. I believe this is a basic necessity that most alarm systems have and the ability to be able to choose your chime from some options would be helpful. You can really complain about this too much has the system is 5.99 a month or so for monitoring but I plan to buy and after market chime sensor and speak unit x2 and use it with my home monitoring system so I am aware of the entry sensors opening. It would be nice for these to be available in the future but I think the Wyze staff looking into some of the features of the Simply Safe System would be helpful ( as they also have a key chain to turn your system on and off as you approach your door and you don’t want to manually do it yourself or have your bluetooth constantly on to turn your system off as your approach your door. I know this is a lot of information but I hope this helps.

2 Likes

It looks like there are updated contact and motion sensors being sold with the Wyze home monitoring kit but it would be awesome to have these sold outside of the service for those who don’t need whole-home security but want motion sensors to automate actions.

2 Likes

Would be super cool if the siren on the v3 could sync up with the siren on the home monitoring system when it ships. Not sure how loud the siren on the monitoring system will be but adding more noise if the alarm does go off would help.

2 Likes

I just got my home security system and want more door/window sensors. The only ones I can find you have to buy a new home security system. I just want the sensors, I can see that they come in 3 packs and I would love to get 2-3 packs.

They are not selling them separately yet, original purchase you could add more on to the kit but they will not be sold stand alone until later and I currently have not heard an ETA for that yet

1 Like

If you has ordered them with your system you wouldn’t have your system yet. :frowning: still waiting for mine. Lol.

| wdreid1967
April 11 |

• | - |

I just got my home security system and want more door/window sensors. The only ones I can find you have to buy a new home security system. I just want the sensors, I can see that they come in 3 packs and I would love to get 2-3 packs.

technically they kinda of have it, though I don’t think they’ve enabled it yet.
the cam v3, which I have in my garage and front porch, has a built in siren feature they could technically trigger, if they wanted to enable that.

Please make sensors available for home monitoring

I would like a Door Chime function when the system is in Home mode. This was a standard feature I had on other security systems in the past. If it already exists, please let me know how to activate it.

2 Likes

Received the system and setup, used for a few days now, here’s some feedbacks

1. [critical] this is a family operated system, function sharing, admin/child role setup, individual pin setup is essential for it to be used by the whole family.

2. [high priority] the arming delay chime is way too annoying, you don’t have to replicate but check out how google does it, basically just a voice announcing “you have 1 minutes to exit”. then a couple voice reminder at 30sec, 10 sec mark. then maybe beep a couple times in the last 5 seconds. The current constant beeping is very annoying and make wife upset which essentially render this system unusable. P.S. this is fine for entry delay, but something calmer with voice instructions will be better.

3. [Mid priority] integration, google/alexa/home assistant/smarthings etc. this matters not only for user friendliness but also for product adoption. Before bed I want to use 1 action to close garages, lock doors, arm security, play music, etc instead of opening multiple apps to do things 1 by 1

4. [Low priority] again referencing google nest secure, I’m not sure if this is possible but their keypad can scan individual fobs to allow/log entry instead of inputting pins.

Otherwise the product feels good overall, new sensor feels high quality, just a bit on the larger side. ethernet jack on the hub is a great touch, although I’m not sure how many family has ethernet jack near the door entrance which I assume is where this should be placed. aaa batteries hopefully means last forever for the sensor, that’s to be tested over time.

One thing I’m not sure about is to have a separate keypad and hub, which means there’s one more device to keep track of battery, and need to stick it to somewhere on the wall, etc. Maybe I’m biased from the google nest secure but I feel like having the keypad built in to the hub is a no brainer for both manufacture and user, less device to make for wyze, less device to manager by the user. I guess time will tell if this is better or worse or doesn’t matter, I don’t see this being an issue anyway.

1 Like

Isn’t the hub supposed to be put somewhere not very accessible? Otherwise isn’t that a prime item for an intruder to knock out and if they haven’t tripped the alarm by some other means, then they can walk right out the door with the flatscreen?

| binzhu1070
April 20 |

• | - |

Received the system and setup, used for a few days now, here’s some feedbacks

1. [critical] this is a family operated system, function sharing, admin/child role setup, individual pin setup is essential for it to be used by the whole family.

2. [high priority] the arming delay chime is way too annoying, you don’t have to replicate but check out how google does it, basically just a voice announcing “you have 1 minutes to exit”. then a couple voice reminder at 30sec, 10 sec mark. then maybe beep a couple times in the last 5 seconds. The current constant beeping is very annoying and make wife upset which essentially render this system unusable. P.S. this is fine for entry delay, but something calmer with voice instructions will be better.

3. [Mid priority] integration, google/alexa/home assistant/smarthings etc. this matters not only for user friendliness but also for product adoption. Before bed I want to use 1 action to close garages, lock doors, arm security, play music, etc instead of opening multiple apps to do things 1 by 1

4. [Low priority] again referencing google nest secure, I’m not sure if this is possible but their keypad can scan individual fobs to allow/log entry instead of inputting pins.

Otherwise the product feels good overall, new sensor feels high quality, just a bit on the larger side. ethernet jack on the hub is a great touch, although I’m not sure how many family has ethernet jack near the door entrance which I assume is where this should be placed. aaa batteries hopefully means last forever for the sensor, that’s to be tested over time.

One thing I’m not sure about is to have a separate keypad and hub, which means there’s one more device to keep track of battery, and need to stick it to somewhere on the wall, etc. Maybe I’m biased from the google nest secure but I feel like having the keypad built in to the hub is a no brainer for both manufacture and user, less device to make for wyze, less device to manager by the user. I guess time will tell if this is better or worse or doesn’t matter, I don’t see this being an issue anyway.

I don’t think that’s the case, even though no one prevents you to do so I guess. The hub itself is an additional motion sensor that can trigger alarm, so should be somewhere close the the front entrance whereas the additional motion sensor can monitor a separate part of the house. It also has battery power back up and should be able to function enough time before being completely disabled by the intruder. I obviously didn’t test this but I’m assuming if I smash this into pieces while it’s armed it should be able to trigger alarm and notify the remote monitoring service.

That being said, as I mentioned in the original post it has an ethernet jack, I’m tempted to put it in my office where it can be connected to that because I try to connect things by wire if at all possible, tv, sound bar, playstation, nintendo switch and even laptop if it’s docked. If I do that the hub will just be a motion sensor for my office which is fine also I guess.

Thanks for the info. Mine hasn’t arrived yet since I ordered extras with it so I don’t know its configuration.

| binzhu1070
April 20 |

• | - |

I don’t think that’s the case, even though no one prevents you to do so I guess. The hub itself is an additional motion sensor that can trigger alarm, so should be somewhere close the the front entrance whereas the additional motion sensor can monitor a separate part of the house. It also has battery power back up and should be able to function enough time before being completely disabled by the intruder. I obviously didn’t test this but I’m assuming if I smash this into pieces while it’s armed it should be able to trigger alarm and notify the remote monitoring service.

That being said, as I mentioned in the original post it has an ethernet jack, I’m tempted to put it in my office where it can be connected to that because I try to connect things by wire if at all possible, tv, sound bar, playstation, nintendo switch and even laptop if it’s docked. If I do that the hub will just be a motion sensor for my office which is fine also I guess.

The Wyze hub is only a hub. It does not have an integrated motion sensor.

I would like to request that more than one user be allowed to access the mobile control panel for the home monitoring. I share my home with my wife and would not have purchased if I knew only I could control. When I’m out of town, there isn’t much I can do to protect the home (please let me know if I’m wrong). Other than that, I really enjoy it.

1 Like