Wyze doorbell 4.25.1.042 (March 30 2022) - unusable/slow connection & streaming

4.25.1.060 has been a big improvement. Sometimes it will not connect or the rate is very slow. Waiting or going back and trying again if it does not connect seems to work

2 Likes

Log #559354 - still stuck at step 3 of 3

2 Likes

4.1.25.060 still giving me trouble too. It just missed motion detection of someone at the door and when I try to log on it is stuck at connecting.

Submitted log 559372.

2 Likes

My issue is with connection to Google home which the cam pan 3 connects but the is no video when I select the doorbell cam.

They claimed doorbell connectivity to digital assistant IoT (Alexa, GH) but I have yet to find it working properly. I have read some using it on some Alexa devices, but not the ones I have.

I really donā€™t think the connectivity has improved much with this new version. When it does connect, it is slow. I still have to restart mine sometimes to see the video, but it will always let you synch the time, so it is communicating. Mine is less than 8 feet from the router, and shows full bars in the app. I really would like this device to work properly, I donā€™t want to drop over $100 on a Pro version with that fisheye camera.

Unfortunately connectivity is still an issue. Sometimes it does not get past step 3 or even step 1. Other times it starts at ~1k and takes several seconds to sort itself out.

Log 561393

Log 562450

I feel your pain fellow Doorbell owners.
Mine was working fine for months and the new firmware made it totally and annoyingly unreliable.

What about less firmware updates and more testing before deployment?

3 Likes

Same problem as previous firmware version, stuck at 3 of 3 (Log 558401 and 563919).
Is there any reason why you canā€™t allow us to go back two versions in firmware until this is resolved?

After receiving a motion notice. Stuck at 1 of 3
Log 563972

And just now it connected
Log 563977

Iā€™m currently on 4.25.1.060 and have been having issues with authentication. Sometimes it hangs on 1 of 3 but mostly on 3 of 3. I also have drops in the KB/s all the way to zero. I have 3 Wyze Cam Pans at home and they all are solid with connecting, no issues. The doorbell itself is just not stable after this update. I currently have it connected to a TP-Link extender and It seems ā€œbetterā€ but still have the above issues even using directly with my router. Iā€™ve rebooted my router, hard resetā€¦ Iā€™ve deleted the doorbell and added it back, power cycled as well and itā€™s just very buggy, It was working great before the update.

Iā€™m also curious about this but since itā€™s a connectivity issue, how will this update OTA?

Good point.
Meanwhile, when it does connect, it seems to be able to operate for some time.
I guess in the worst case, one may have to retry few times.

But honestly, I am far more concerned by the weak firmware testing.
I really hope Wyze learns something with this issue.

We, as customers, rely on and trust these products - especially when they are sold as security/monitoring devices.

2 Likes

iā€™ve submitted a log this morning via the app for the same connection issue, being stuck at step 3 of 3. How do i get the log number though?

I received an email with the log number. In the app you can also look under Account/Wyze Support/Log History

1 Like

@ArthurH Same issue, log ID number is 564362.

Have not applied beta, just providing log # for 4.25.1.042.

Log # 565633

I did a quick test this afternoon.

When the camera was stuck at ā€œStep 3ā€, I checked the signal strength in the ā€œDevice Infoā€ page to make sure it was still strong - which it was.
Also, I "ping"ed the camera using its IP address. Response time was below 15ms.

Clearly, this is not a local networking issue.

Also, last night and this morning, I checked it several times and got an almost instantaneous connection. This afternoon was the first issue in about 24 hours.

Iā€™m starting to wonder if the problem is not at the Wyze servers level - or within the protocol between the doorbell and the servers.

1 Like