Wyze CAMs all stopped giving event push notification

What’s up? Am I being jammed by someone with a RF jamming device or is there some kind of systemic network issue at Wyze preventing me from getting event notification? I cycled power and physically walked out in front of the cams and live video is good but no push events.

3 Likes

Check your settings. I found on two of my cameras the settings had changed. One was recordings and the other was motion.

1 Like

Noticed my event notification is hit and miss. I thought maybe it was because I am using the beta app.

1 Like

Check your notification settings @News has a good point. They seem to sometimes change on their own.

Note:
There are three places to control push notifications:

Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

Above info, so clearly put, is courtesy of one of our Forum moderators, @Loki.

7 Likes

cbtg

this explanation.

2 Likes

Thanks for that info. I rechecked all of it and it’s all properly set up.
Oddly enough a short time after making this post all by itself it all suddenly started working again as if “someone” turned on a master server-side switch for my cams’ mac address.

Will continue to monitor it.

2 Likes

Sorry- I must have forgotten the part about the higher server power!:zap::fire:. Glad you are up and running again!

2 Likes

I stopped receiving notifications on my v2 yesterday around 8 AM PST. Anyone else notice the same problem? My camera has simply stopped pushing notifications for recorded sound and motion events. I have done all kinds of troubleshooting including re-install app, powercycle phone, powercycle device, make sure notifications are turned on, make sure app is updated, etc etc etc

This appears to be yet another bug and this seems to have happened before. Anyone else having an issue like this?

5 Likes

With what you have done already I would submit a support ticket. I wish you the best of luck

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000761672-Wyze-Cam-v1-v2-Pan

2 Likes

Thanks for your post Lumi. I used to have the opposite problem of too much sensitivity in the motion detection flooding me with push events every time a bug, bright car light, cloud solar shade passed over. That is a thing that can be adjusted by the sensitivity settings. This one looked almost like a server side error where it just had push events turned off or misdirected to the wrong place (a bug in the routing tables etc. presuming someone had not hacked the entire datagram protocol at the server or the client devices). Nothing had changed in my android event notifications settings either. Weird.
Seems to be good for now after mysteriously all cams starting to work again at the same time (which implies to me an administrative glitch/config-error on the server side that was fixed).

Would be nice to have Wyze publish a real time publicly visible system-health page so that we can look at number of reports by users reporting suspected issues in certain category areas to get a feel for if others are having issues too.

2 Likes

Had same issue a few days ago. All of a sudden notifications were turned off and the detection area had changed. Reset everything and its ok now. I thought maybe firmware was upgraded. Spooky…

Very good explanation. thanks

1 Like

Un installed and reinstalled the App and this resolved it. Definately an issue with the app and communication through their messaging servers.Good news is your config settings and rules are still saved in the cloud or somewhere and when you log in it is back to normal.

This post made me realize that I’m not getting notices either, so I checked my three cams on the app. The settings on all three are changed from what I originally set them to. This must be a firmware update issue.

2 Likes

Thank you- that was a great explanation!

Network lag can cause delays in push notices, specially if you got 4 firing off every 4 mins