Wyze Cam v3, Wyze Cam Pan v2, Wyze Plug 2021 Firmware Beta Test 2/14/2022

Log 478038 for plug

Installed this firmware update on three Wyze Cam 3s and two Wyze Cam 2s. Three of them no longer recognize Wyze AI events, including people, cars and pets. This happens every time there’s a firmware update. I might have two AI-enabled cameras working just fine and three not. Come the next firmware update, the two cameras that were working no longer do and the three that didn’t work do. As a result, I’m not receiving notifications regarding AI events on the non-functioning cameras. Instead, the cameras will record a person, vehicle or pet but simply label the event as “movement.” I should be notified of those AI events. I’m very hesitant to update the firmware on these devices, knowing that a couple or a few cameras will no longer recognize and notify me of AI events when I do. It’s all very frustrating, which is why I can’t recommend anything Wyze to anyone, including even something as simple as a Wyze plug (I mothballed mine). Lost business, my not-so-Wyze friends.

Holy Crap. I did not know this was a problem as i’m fighting to get 4 WLPP1CFH plugs on line with a customer service rep. All failed. got off chat and decided to try again. #1 plug did initially work when installed in Dec 2021 then started to go offline. Got frustrated and decided to go for #2 plug, then #3 then #4. After spending time with the rep and signed off for the day I decided to try everything again. This time all plugs are unplugged, the button is held for 5-20 seconds, then plugged in, the slow flashing blue light started followed by the fast flashing blue light, followed the steps to getting connected and the Name device page. Then the screen to share device or maybe later and the blue lightchanged to slow flash and till i closed the maybe share page. Then the light went steady and was on and attempting the on /off from the app device list work. The versions were 1.2.0.53 and all wanted to update which is the hangup. I finally got all 4 plugs online with these versions.
#1 - 1.2.0.176
#2 - 1.2.0.176
#3 - 1.2.0.126
#4 - 1.2.0.126
If they stayed online I checked the Accounts, Firmware Updates and then did the updates. If I responded to the nag a newer version it would fail to update, so I cancelled that method to update. They are all up at this moment, all different version.
Tough way to find out you have a problem that has been around for awhile. Also noticed some plugs have been updated to 1.2.0.179 from other users.

Wyze should put the updates also on their webpage, along with the older firmware updates so if their latest fix flops,

we can go and re-install their previous firmware update.

For me, I did not update my firmware, knowing how well their V2 plugs were working. I was going to wait and see how

others faired. From what I am reading it does not look good. I am already reviewing other products to replace Wyze.

It makes me wonder what the Angel Funding or VC money was spent on.

Plugs

I upgraded my two V2 Plugs to the beta .179. One plug has been online for 1 week. Yay! The other fell offline after 2 days. Boo! Also, after a power cycle, the plug did not come back online, which is a real hassle for me as the plug is in a remote location. I finally went to the plug and re-initialized and re-added via app.
I don’t know how to collect logs. Any info on that?
jim

Is it valuable to submit logs after the unit has been reset? Or should you do it while it is still offline? Does that even work? After reset I submitted a log:

Re: the versions:
.176 is the latest release. Most people are reporting issues with it.
.126 is older, don’t know about its stability
.179 is the current beta. To get access you need to sign up for the beta program. If you need help with that, post and we’ll get you info. However, folks, including myself, are still having stability issues with it as well.
jim

I submit before reset

3 more went offline this afternoon

I will give Wyze …2 months stability after a “stable firmware… not there yet” for these CFH before they go to the dumpster. My old pre-BT versions for the most part have been stable.

.179 firmware v2 plugs
Went offline 6 days ago (after 4 days online) - unplug, plugged back in - reconnected w/o intervention. Have been online 6 days (redundant I know), so far the longest they’ve stayed online…still don’t trust them

.179 firmware v2 plugs
log 483516 - Spoke too soon yesterday - one offline this morning. Unplugged, plugged back in, came back online w/o intervention
IS ANYONE FROM WYZE looking at this? Give an update maybe?
submitting logs is not really the reason I purchased these…

@WyzeBaohua @Yichen

I experience the issue with having to provide my credentials to the plug when it loses power. Here is what happened today, my daughter-in-law unplugged the surge protector containing a Wyze plug. Realizing her mistake, she plugged it back in and everything came back except the plug. the plug was blinking blue fast, which implies it has to be paired as if it was new. I did Pair it to my phone and everything is fine again. This seems to occur every time the plug loses power.

Log Provided:483533

That is odd. I just tested this with one of my Plug 2021 CFH.

Test:

• Disconnect from power for 1 minute.
  • Connect to power.

Result:

• Fast blinking blue for 2 seconds
  • Slow blinking blue for 10 seconds
  • Connection successful.
  • All Plug functions working via app.

Ran these test scenarios:

• Nothing connected to Plug. Plug switched on. Test.
  • Nothing connected to Plug. Plug switched off. Test.
  • Portable heater turned on and connected to Plug. Plug switched on. Test.
  • Portable heater turned on and connected to Plug. Plug switched off. Test.
  • Portable heater turned off and connected to Plug. Plug switched on. Test.
  • Portable heater turned off and connected to Plug. Plug switched off. Test.
1 Like

Yep… see that all the time… I’ve left them on fast blink. It doesn’t even feel like beta testing anymore… more like alpha debug.

1 Like

It may be related to the surge protector she removed. It also connected my ONT to power so I had no internet until that cam back on. I have a Wyze Surge Protector connected to it and 1 PoE Switch which powers 5 v3 camera’s, One v3 in the USB port on the Surge Protector, and One V2 in another USB port on the protector. So a total of 7 camera’s and one PoE Switch. I use the plug in case I have to reset the Outdoor camera’s.

I am going to monitor it as this has been one of the more stable plugs I have in place.

I have it set to power on after it lost power, so all of the camera’s did come back up and were alerting for me. I guess I should have unplugged it first and then plugged it back in.

1 Like

Been reading all of the issues you are having, I know you are a seasoned beta tester, but was curious if you rebooted your router to see if that helps?

No Internet while powering back up could be an issue, but the 2021 CFH is supposed be able to handle that scenario.

That is what I thought as well. This was my second issue since the last FW Update.

The First was a plug sitting in a wall socket with nothing in it and off. I updated, everything seemed to be ok. Then, a few days later, I noticed the like blinking fast again. All I do is set it up as a new plug and give it the same name. Everything works from that point on. It is almost as if someone is holding the power button down to reset it.

1 Like

No… reboot doesn’t fix it. I have around 150 devices from various manufactures on my home network and these CF2 plugs just stand out simply as unstable and severely buggy. I frankly don’t have any other significant issues with my other Wyze gear.

2 Likes