Wyze Cam Pan quickly RETURNS to some default position

I have 3 PanCams … one of them is set to follow/track people. The other 2 are fixed. Both, when I try to move them (from iOS App), they quickly go back to some pre-defined position. Is there a way to have them stay wherever I’d move them? I tried few settings but to no avail.

1 Like

The camera will always go back to the home position. The default home position is 180° from where the USB cable plugs into the base. You can “change” the home position by one of two ways. Hope that helps.

• Set one way point (“Device Settings” → “Advanced Settings” → “Motor Controls” → “Pan Scan”), and then turn on Pan Scan (“More” → “Pan Scan”)
  • Set a detection zone for a specific area
4 Likes

Thank you. I was under the assumption that the camera always stays wherever I left it last. Live and Learn.

1 Like

Had the same issue resolved it by setting where you want the cam to stay positioned in ‘Detection Settings, Detection Zone’

It says at the bottom of that screen “Once moved, the camera will return to this position after 15 seconds of idle time”

1 Like

They changed something a while back , it used to stay where you left it in the past but not anymore :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thank you, it’s reassuring to know I’m not going senile :slight_smile:

1 Like