Wyze Cam Outdoor v1 & v2 Firmware Beta Test 12/14/2022

Wyze Cam Outdoor v1:

Version: 4.17.4.418

WHAT’S NEW:

• Fixed a bug that prevented the rotate image 180 degrees setting from sticking

Wyze Cam Outdoor v2:

Version: 4.48.4.418

WHAT’S NEW:

• Fixed a bug that prevented the rotate image 180 degrees setting from sticking
5 Likes

Installing now on v1 and v2 cams. Will test and report back…

Update: Installed quickly and looks great! Tested via the following only:

Wyze app:

• beta Android app 2.38.0 (b150)
  • production iOS app 2.37.2 (1)

Cam types & firmware:

• beta WCO v1 firmware: 4.17.4.418
  • beta WCO v2 firmware: 4.48.4.418

Base station firmware:
production WCO Base: 4.16.4.452
production WCO Base: 4.16.3.117

Let me know if you need a different type of test performed.

2 Likes

So far so good! Seems to fix my mirrored image I was seeing on my 180 degree rotated picture (camera installed upside down).

2 Likes

Is there a way of installing this beta firmware through the app or do i need to wait until it’s pushed out of beta?

In the App go to Account in the lower right then scroll down to About and click on Beta Program and add your outdoor cams to the beta program.

You will need to go through the beta app test registration process. Please see this post (substitute “Wyze Cam v3 checkbox” with “Wyze Robot Vacuum”) and PLEASE note the disclaimer at the end of post:

2 Likes

Thanks Jason! That worked!

Started update on 3v1s and 1v2. Will update when complete

update

All cams updated quickly with no issues

2 Likes

I am not quite sure I understand why we are installing cameras upside down and rotating the image? There is a magnet both on top and on the bottom of the camera for mounting. Or, am I missing something?

1 Like

The magnet SUCKS on top. It’s about 1/5 the strength of the bottom mount. My camera is about 12’ off the ground and I do not trust it to hold in a high wind. Upside down was my only option. If they ever fix the design to make the magnet stronger on top I would use it but right now it’s a bad design.

2 Likes

Because that’s just not secure! Any thief could easily yank it off the magnet. Mounting with a screw mount adapter upside down is way more secure.

2 Likes

updated my cameras. No issues so far. will perform some tests

2 Likes

Fair enough! I’ve had mine mounted on the top, about 20’ off the ground, with a solar panel, and never had any issues with winds and storms. But, it is definitely not as strong as the bottom mount.

1 Like

O.K. - Understood. With my setup, I wasn’t too concerned with the camera being taken. Thanks for the reply!!!

1 Like

When can we expect this update to be pushed out to everyone?

Why no more updates regarding this? It hasn’t been fixed.

This new firmware fixed all of my image mirroring issues. Looks good to me.

Is the image flipping still happening to you? Could you double check the firmware version, most everyone is saying it has been fixed. If yours is still flipping on the beta firmware please get me a log so I can have them look into it.

I didn’t do the Beta fix. Is that the only way to fix it right now? Will they be pushing a firmware update soon to everyone else?