Wyze Cam Outdoor - Battery life - Troubleshoot with WYZE

I guess the 3000mAh capacity of the Lithium batteries for the Blink are only minimally better than the 2600mAh capacity for the WCO. I asked someone, and for the Blink you have to keep clicking to watch another 30 seconds of livestream. Maybe this keeps the battery life longer on the Blink. ** shrug **

Well, how much livestream does one actually use? Probably not a ton.
Again, im guessing there has to be some fundamental difference between the two to be such a big discrepancy. I literally just swapped out batteries on one of my Blinks that was in there for 35 months.
Im certainly not asking for 35 months haha, but Im not sure in the same spot if ill even get 6ā€¦ I guess we will find out :slight_smile:
I ordered three more.

pump this up in case there are other users need help.

Bump for those that are still activation.

Second day with outdoor. I charged the battery fully and tried to do a 7 hr time-lapse at one frame per minute. Ran some errands at about 5 hrs and found the battery was at 0%. Now I cant charge anymore and for all I can figure Iā€™v got a new paperweight. Pretty sad for the second day. What I can i do.?

1 Like

seems like I replied to you on the other thread, pls keep us posted.

1 Like

There does seem to be a second thread. This is the only one I can find nowā€¦

I am starting to believe the problem is with the wall wart that came with the WO. I found a 2.5a 5v iPad wart and using the Wyze supplied usb cable, the charger seems to be behaving better. Plugged it in and 10 minutes later itā€™s still blinking. With the Wyze supplied wart, it would blink for about 30 seconds, go solid for several minutes and then go out. I know it takes a while to charge so Iā€™ll check it again this afternoon

Charlie

Just received my WCO, turned on camera and did not get an indicator light. Thought it needed to be charged, so I plugged it in and got the red flashing light. Got a golid red flashing light in about 10 minutes. Went through the whole setup (pairing with base, installing mounting bracket outside, etc). Looked at app and battery is already down to 85%. This is withing about 15 - 20 minutes. After about an hour (maybe less), WCO is offline and will not turn on. Connect to charging cable again, battery is back up to 100 % in about 10 minutes. Something is off here. Unplugged from charger and installed outside again. After about 15 - 20 minutes again, WCO I get a battery warning (less than 10% charge left). Whatā€™s going on?? Was super excited about this product and have 2 additional pre-order cameras awaiting shipment.

1 Like

The charger (wall wart) I received eith the WCO was a problem but it looked like it was doing what it should but the camera acted as you describe. I was about to send it back when I decided to try a different wall wart. Camera charged full ( couple of hour) and all is working properly. Iā€™m sure i could return the charger but its really not worth the trouble so I filed in the round file.

Sorry to hear the issue you are encountering. Iā€™d suggest you contact our support for a replacement. The behavior of what you described does not sound normal.

2 Likes

I submitted a ticket via email, but if thereā€™s a phone number I can call to get a quicker resolution, please let me know.

1 Like

I pmed you my number

WYZE Support

Live support is available:

+1-206-339-9646

Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT

Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

2 Likes

thanks charlie. iā€™ll give wyze a call first and see if they can help, otherwise Iā€™ll give you a ring.

Iā€™m trying to do time lapse at night of the stars. Every 30 seconds 8 hours. The battery is always dead in the morning although I start with 100%. In the marketing material it says the camera would be aware when it is running out of power and save the video. This doesnā€™t seem to work for me. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

If you take the card out, and read it on a computer, can you find the timelapse video? it is the one with .h264 extension.

1 Like

i have mine connected to a small solar panel that gives it a trickle charge throughout the day.

I have two outdoor Wyze cams. One of them has recently started dropping battery at about 15% - 20% per day. Doesnā€™t seem to be recording too many events (roughly 10 per day) and I view live stream for about 20 seconds total per day. The cam is at the outer reaches of the signal (about 60ft away through a few walls) so sometimes it doesnā€™t register. Does being out of range, or just at the limit, affect the battery drain?

Is there anything that has changed ?

Additionally, do you have your wyze account connected to Google or TinyCam ?