Wyze app 3.0 RC - 7/16/24

Hi @HamptonR ! After checking with the engineering team, we confirmed that this event tab issue has been fixed. Please take another look after our official App version is released! Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting this, @ashtonwalky! I have passed this issue on to our internal team to investigate further.

2 Likes

@Earl.Automation Update on this issue, we saw the issue on Beta 1 and Beta 2 build on Android 15 (beta OS). Our devs made a fix in RC build and we can’t repro the issue anymore in RC build and later. If you can give it a quick test (just install the latest Play Store test build) that would be great. Otherwise we assume you will see it when we officially release v3.0. Thanks!

3 Likes

@WyzeTao - A bit of a mixed answer… It seems 1 switch allows me to touch the additional controls. 1 switch allows me to change the HOLD additional control. but not double/triple tap. 1 switch doesn’t allow me to change anything… but if I blank out all the steps I have set in Additional Controls using Ver 2.5 App, then I can go to that newly EMPTY additional control (double-tap in this case) and I am able to edit it.

I will need to do some more testing. I’m wondering if I need to blank everything out using the 2.5 app, and then rebuild it using the 3.0 RC app. I will go through this and report back when I can.

@WyzeTao - Current Hypothesis on Issue - Putting an action in the Wyze Switch Additional Control that is a Light Bulb group (i.e. set Office Group to 1% Brightness and set to Soft White), breaks Additional Controls. The light bulb group contains 2 color bulbs and 1 light strip pro.

Here’s what I did:

1. On ver 2.5 app - delete ALL actions in Additional Controls in the switch. Completely blank to the point where it says “Tap to Setup”.
  2. Uninstall 2.5 app - Join Beta - Install 3.0 app
  3. On ver 3.0.0(b512) - edit Additional Controls - It does not kick me out with blank actions.
  4. I continue to edit Additional Controls and add light bulb actions and camera actions. No groups. I save what I’ve done.
  5. I am able to go back and edit the Additional Controls again. Then, I add actions for LIGHT GROUPS - Turn Office Group to 1% and Soft White. I save the actions.
  6. When I go back to the Additional Controls I just saved with Light Bulb Group actions… it then kicks me out to the main screen of the app or back to my Android Home Screen.
  7. I uninstall ver 3.0.0(b.512), leave the beta, Install ver 2.5.
  8. I can edit Additional Controls again and remove the groups.
  9. Uninstall ver 2.5 / Join Beta / Install ver 3.0.0 (b.512).
  10. I can edit the Additional Controls again since they are blank.

SUMMARY: Adding Light Bulb group actions in Additional Controls, prevents ver 3.0.0(b512) from being able to edit the actions. The Switches work just fine with the settings, you just can’t change them without using ver 2.5.

3 Likes

Wow, nice details. They are very helpful! Thanks a lot for all the effort and we will try the same repro steps soon.

4 Likes

Sprinkler

Now the sprinkler scheduling is not activating at all. This probably started happening around July 24.

I am able to run the zones manually. But the Sprinkler functionality is impacted as scheduling is absent.

I can’t get scheduling to work since late June it seems.
I ended up setting up rules outside the sprinkler settings to have it water “automanually”.
I think there is a back end or firmware issue.
Now that I am on the public 3.0, I will try to set up a schedule again, but it didn’t work with 2.50, and not with 3.0 beta…

Sprinkler:

I think existing scheduling was working. Any new or changed schedules do not take effect. I did not change any scheduling in the last few weeks, and my schedules were working fine till July 24 when I updated schedules, and it broke all scheduling for me from that time.
Now no schedule work for me.

Anybody with legacy schedules from early June or earlier, could be fine.

Mine were “legacy”, and they just stopped.

Sprinkler:

Are you running production Wyze App 3.0?
Maybe reporting this as a Sprinkler scheduling issue to regular Customer Support may give some Wyze action???

I am still on Wyze Beta App 3.0.0(11) RC.

Beta app. b514

I’m asking about basic funtions like when you’re out and about.

We’re at Dollar General and phone pings person detected 4 or 5 times. Guess I better look. Don’t happen much. So untested.

Of course I run a VPN when out. 5G was just spinning but events were there.

So, hooked up to their WiFi, all events disappeared from app.

I know its VPN related and I guess I’m asking if that hurdle will ever be overcome?

So if you are out, you can check cams without turning VPN off, which I didn’t try.

Old and slow. Lol, Quickly without jumping thru hoops or trying a different VPN connection. Or wife wondering if you’re busy when 3 aisles behind. :joy::face_with_spiral_eyes::yawning_face::roll_eyes:

Next time I’ll test it by just tapping VPN off and see if that works. Is this the way? Temporarily anyhow?

Oh, the person was tree limb shadows, or her plant, which is zoned and suspected. I do send the reports to Wyze. V4 cam.

Schedules not working on sprinkler
Log 1504099

App 3.0.0(519) (Production version, not beta)

Android 14

Sprinkler firmware 1.0.11

Plugin version 2.51.0.3

New schedule is a standard, not smart schedule, no skips.
Paying for sprinkler plus, not getting anything for it.

Setting an “external” schedule to do a quick run, does make the sprinklers run, but this does not use any of the skip functionality for temp, wind, weather, saturation.

@WyzeTao - I’m happy to report that the switches and adjusting the “additional controls” is fixed in build 3.0.0 (519).

Thank you for listening to little ole’ me and fixing this! Much appreciated.

How do I go back to a previous version? 3.0 is unusable.

Not possible on iphone.