Wyze App 2.24 Beta Test; Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware Beta Test 8/18/2021

Yea, it is easy to forget. I do that all the time

Any dev/programmers out there have any idea why what would seem to be a simple feature enhancement… maybe isn’t?

I would be interested in beta testing Vacuum firmware for multi-floor and Alexa integration if possible. Please let me know. Thank you.

Read this link:

This is my exact issue. Went through support for a week and have gotten nowhere. Just asked for a replacement now. Hopefully they let me. I really like this product when it works.

Just noticed that there is an Android Beta App update 2.24.14. It adds the ability to select the AI options again.

I installed without an issue. It also indicated that there were some FW updates for the V3 Cameras and the Ear Buds.

1 Like

Android App Version Beta: 2.24.14
v3 FW Version: 4.36.5.58

Went into Device Info on all V3 camera’s and there is “Firmware Version” lines. Only one of them you can click on.

1 Like

I’m having trouble syncing time on both V2 & V3 cams of various FW revisions, so suspecting the app ATM.

Failing with both Production app iOS 2.23.23 on an iOS 12 iPhone 6, and iOS Beta app 2.24.21 on an iOS 13 iPad 2018 6th Gen.

Sample V2 Log: 281136 (from Beta app)
Sample V3 Log: 281140 (from Beta app)

Thanks!

I have bricked my unit also. I made mistake of deleting unit in hopes of reinstalling. Won’t reinstall. I need replacement vac. Please help. Ticket number is 281192.

Issue resolved new unit shipping.

Ditto
I didn’t notice it when I upgraded (and had problems with) the first V3 I tried.
The other V3 cameras will wait, even though some are local, They are monitoring from the 2nd floor and not easy to get to.

1 Like

I just tested syncing time on both V2 and V3 using iOS v2.24.26 and v2.23.23, and the time sync was successful every time. Did the time sync fail 100% times on your App? Thanks!

1 Like

Do you have any accessories attached with that V3? Like spotlight?

No. No accessories at all.

I tried syncing many, many times, and only had 1 successful time sync on a V3. I had a few where I got no feedback (didn’t say failed or successful), but by enlarge they were all failures.

Update: Because of all the firmware failures recently, I hesitated to apply any new firmware to my cams. But I do have a V3 on 4.36.5.58 (V3 Beta) and a V2 on 4.9.7.798 (current V2 production). The V3 passed. The V2 did not.

All the previous firmwares, like V3 4.36.2.5 (current V3 production) still do not, nor does V2 4.9.6.241 (previous V2 version).

A super-old V2 4.9.5.36 DID pass. That is the very old XNOR firmware, lol. So ATM the only one that works appears to be two extremes: 4.36.5.58 (current V3 Beta) and a really old V2 4.9.5.36 XNOR. No current production versions are working for me ATM.

So did the logs not yield anything useful?

2 Likes

I tried syncing mine as well. My v3 Synced without issue. However my v2 Camera says Sync Failed.

submitted log from my V2 Camera #281381
Tested it around 5:40pm Eastern Time

v2 FW Version: 4.9.7.798
Android App Version: Beta Release - 2.24.14

3 Likes

I am running app version 2.24.13 . V2 firmware 4.9.7.798 Sync time fails 100% of the time. Pan Cam version 4.10.7.798 fails sync time 100% of the time. V3, updated yesterday to 4.36.5.58 syncs time successfully 100% of the time.

2 Likes

Just upgraded app to 2.24.14 . Still the same on time sync. V2 and PAN fail. V3 works

2 Likes

I am running WyzeBeta on Android and have version 2.24.14; also confirmed that my Robot Vacuum is selected in Account > About > Beta Program within app. I do not see any option to upgrade past firmware 1.6.113 and have tried multiple times to no avail.

How can I upgrade to beta firmware for Robot Vacuum to get spot cleaning and multi floor support??

Per wyze post in this thread, the firmware release has been halted due the number of robot vacuums that bricked until such time the it has been resolved.

1 Like