Wyze Android App Crashes When Viewing Older Videos

Video here:

I clicked on the 2:23am video for an example.

1 Like

Excellent. :+1:

1 Like

Maybe having sooooo many cloud videos on that day may have something to do with it. Do you have this problem if you look at a day that doesnā€™t have so many event videos?

Yeah doesnā€™t seem to make a difference and really, I would hope it wouldnā€™t!
They allow unlimited cloud storage for 14 days before it overwrites the oldest files and honestly why would accessing online storage via an app cause the app to crash?

Just trying to rule out stuff and things. I first thought that the app problem maybe on the client side, and when I saw in the video the scrolling through all the days event videos, thought maybe there could be a problem with loading all the thumbnails in quick succession.

Good luck with Support and if you can, please update this thread with a solution if one is found. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think support will be able to solve this. Personally, I think itā€™s a bug in the app. Thatā€™s why I recommended submitting a support request with logs. I guess I needed to be more clear with my response in this case.

3 Likes

Iā€™m having the same problem right now.
Very frustrating when I finally get To the clip I want and then the app just closes , And Iā€™m not even going back that far just 10 oā€™clock this morning

1 Like

This is not just one camera it is all of them even the shared cameras I canā€™t View from earlier today .
The strange thing is I can view clips from yesterday.
I have seen other people say the cameras useless but I never have, But the cameras are pretty much useless with this problem , if you canā€™t go back a few hours and view the clips.
What Iā€™m running is v2.3.69

Yeah mine hasnā€™t changed, same issue.

I hope they put out an update to fix this soon

Fired up my tablet and tried to check on Event clips from June 9th and it crashes my whole tablet Not just the wyze app .
Tablet is froze canā€™t Open any apps until I restart The device :astonished::anguished::worried:
EDIT , Now the wyze app wonā€™t open at all , Time to uninstall it I guess

I think so too .

Discourse is curbing HDRockā€™s enthusiasm, so I help them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They emailed and asked me to send them a log file, I did and I have heard nothing back for days.

I just sent another support request and I got a reply within 2 minutes Ticket 252744
maybe maybe not they fixed it in the beta app, I donā€™t know Iā€™m not running that right now.
Is pretty bad when it crashes my whole tablet

Same thing happened yesterday Crashing viewing older clips

Wyze App (Android) has also been crashing for me whenever I try to view older events. Crashes viewing any events after 6-8 hours from last event. Happens for each day too. Phones & Tablets with different Android versions & Wyze App versions also crash the same.

Sent feedback through the App over a week ago & havenā€™t gotten a response except for the automated reply with ticket numbers.

Also noticed a few others are having the same problem on Reddit r/WyzeCam

Myself and my roommate are having the same issue, app crashes when trying to view older video. I have a Pixel 3a but this seems to happen no matter what device I use. This is a major issue and I hope itā€™s being addressed in a new update.

Yeah still doing it for me, makes the 14 day storage a joke as it doesnā€™t work past 12 hours.
I submitted a ticket for it almost 3 months ago and got a reply having been told they would let me know and no one ever got back to me.

Itā€™s funny how , for me, this problem pops up and then goes away and works fine , havenā€™t had a problem with it in awhile I can go back hours ,days ,whatever