Windows 11 and Wyze app -

I have followed your suggestion, but it did not help. Sometimes I started Wyze up but it did not show the sign-in screen … just all green.

Did you go through Pixel 5 setup? Apparently Play Store sees Pixel 5 as the mobile device it is running on.

However, it now started showing notifications showing snapshots of cameras when there occurred activities (motion or person) in them.

I followed the LSPosed/MagiskOnWSALocal (github.com) README.md as this seemed to be the way to ensure you get the latest experience and create it yourself so fewer question marks around what you are installing. Yes the wsa setup shows up in google account devices list as a “Google Pixel 5” device.

The process is essentially uninstall amazon appstore and subsystem for android if its currently installed, then git clone that repo into a microsoft store wsl ubuntu distro terminal and execute ./scripts/run.sh . I accepted all the configuration dialog defaults which covers creation of the x86 64-bit magisk + mindthgapps build output.

When completed copy the ./output folder contents to windows host folder and from powershell prompt execute the ./Run.bat . When it finished the google playstore app was automatically launched.

I mustered up and installed WSL. I then followed your instructions (uninstalling existing WSA, git clone, run.sh, Run.bat) …everything looked good but got same issue with Wyze: signing in with credentials then it disappeared.

Having tried all that and the issue still repros if it were me my nexf two tests to see if it resolves it would be . . .

1. Uninstall wyze app and reinstall and this time signin with test user credentials that have no prior device or other settings in place. Goal being to see if it is something in your account settings that causes the crash after wsa wyze app starts up and completes signin.

2. Wait untl the next wsa update drops, this link suggests we should see new drop in a week, and recreate and install updated wsa with play store setup and see if issue repros.

Logically id think 1. could surface the conflict given you say app crashes shortly after signin and other play store installed apps like kindle and alexa work without any problems.

I did intentionally entered wrong credentials and it knew it. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled few times.

I have tried different screen resolution, played with WSA and WYZE app settings to no effect. I also looked at diagnostic logs but nothing pointed me to any obvious cause or I did not know what to look for anyway.

Oh well , I will wait for next WSA drop as you have suggested … and I have done this for a while now anyway …wonder why you got it working and mine is not.

I have to thank you very much for staying and helping me out for last few weeks. You are great!

I and others it seems have done nothing different than what you have tried to get a working wyze app on wsa with magisk+gapps/playstore experience.

Given that it’s hard to say what difference exists in your setup.

If i had a separate win11 setup i’d test for a repro there and otherwise wait to see if your next win11 update, e.g. 21h2 → 22h2, and/or wsa update changes results on that system.

Some good news. I installed it in another desktop and it works fine.

Thanks again,