WiFi Update in App Should be Easier

I just switched ISP’s. When I did I went into the app to update my connection information like I did everything else. I could not find it to save my life! Contacted support today to see where it was and if I was just missing it. This is what he told me to do: (brace yourself) This is because I initially used the QR code to setup my cameras…

1. Delete my devices
  2. Reload my devices
  3. Scan the QR code to repeat the setup process to change your WiFi details

He also sent me this…
To update your WiFi details for Wyze Camera:

1. In the Wyze app, tap Home.
  2. Tap the+ plus sign in the upper left, then select Add Device > Cameras.
  3. Tap on your camera version.
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your camera again.

This is way too many steps and not efficient at all. Basically, start over. This can be better Wyze.

We should be able to go into the app and update the connection when I need to. I considered taking a camera with me when I travel to watch my dogs while I was working if this is the process I won’t be doing it.

Please make this process easier! Please!

1 Like

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @yoigotquestions! :raising_hand_man:

Yes. It should be easier.

But, Customer Support didn’t suggest the easy solution.

• Rename the WiFi Network exactly the same SSID and Password as the old router and every device will log into the new router without ever knowing the mothership was upgraded.

Also, there is absolutely no reason to delete any device from the app. If you can’t change the SSID and PW or don’t want to:

• Run a new install\setup on every device without deleting them from the app. The settings for each device saved on the server will remain and the network credentials will be updated to the device.

The request to make the process easier has been requested and is located within the Wishlist category. Follow the link, vote at the top, like :heart: some posts, and add your reply post to support the request.

3 Likes

Pretty easy to take a cam on travel and connect to whatever wifi is around.
If you have extra wifi router at home, you can set it up with SSID/password of where go go repeatedly so you can ensure cam is setup to THAT network while still at home.

1 Like

Very clever idea. Impressive. Olympic Score of 10 out of 10 for creativity

One problem with that… It has to be a travel router that can access another WiFi network. It is really difficult to plug the WAN Ethernet cable of a standard router into the WiFi somewhere when you only have the network’s SSID and PW but no access to the hardware and there are no Ethernet ports provided.

1 Like