View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

When will we have outdoor cam support.

Cameras freeze after a certain time, can be a few minutes or a few hours, but 1 or more cameras will eventually freeze within usually 8-12 hours, and have to log in again and check how many bridges or buses, to get one or all the cameras working again.

1 Like

EDIT 2:45pm EST: Won’t let me post more than 3 replies but let’s me edit. Thanks “Customer”. I added this site to Avast’s “Exception list”, and can now again see my cameras. As I still have Windows7, I’ll have to see if the MS A/V is available for me, may be time to change. I also use Malwarebytes as well.

EDIT: 12:50pm EST Just got the malware warning here as well. Guess I have to edit new info here as new users only allowed 3 posts, WTH? It was OK until I refreshed the site, as 1 of my 3 cameras was frozen, so I had to refresh as there’s no way to restart just one camera w/o having to refresh the whole site and log in again (a bug Wyze needs to fix). Then the malware warning came up when I tried logging in again.

Glad I was not the only one. Must not be happening to everyone or this site would have lit up by now.

Very likely a false positive. I don’t think Avast has the reputation it once did. I tell people to stick with free MS Antivirus these days - something that was once unheard of.

Avast is still rated #8. #5 on Macs. I have been using it for years without issues and until this morning all was good with the Wyze Web viewer. I was having my best luck getting 4 cams to all show up on the new Avast brower and the Opera browser
Others were flakey.

Same here. It’s irritating. Especially one camera where it’s often hard to tell if it’s frozen or just nothing moving.

Could be a lot of things… Perhaps someone falsely reported the Wyze viewer IP block, or there is malware in the same AWS range, or Avast is simply screwing up or being excessively cautious…,. or there really is something wrong. :slight_smile:

I guess my question at this point, does Wyze monitor this forum or do we need to open a ticket. I just got a pop up that said this problem has been solved but I have not seen anything from Wyze about it yet.

Don’t know what popup you mean but no, Wyze does not officially monitor this forum on a constant basis as a support tool - that is mostly left to fellow users, moderators, and “mavens”. If you want quick responses the best approach is still to call them (despite the current call center recovery).

1 Like

Got it on the moderating. Will check to see if I am still getting the phishing warning when I get to my PC in the morning. The pop up is a box that shows up when you go to reply to someone like I am doing right now to you and covers part of the reply window that says this topic is solved, if you have something to add open another thread. I guess it means the moderators are finished reading about this topic not that it has actually been taken care of since I have seen no real solutions. I see more people have got the same message though. Thanks again for the info on wyze checking in on the forum.

Weird, I mostly use a mobile browser on the forum and I’ve never seen that. Thanks.

As I am not on here a lot I have seen it for two topics. The first was for the notification sounds for individual devices. The other was this topic. Here is a copy of what it says:

This topic has been solved

Only reply here if:

• You have additional details
  • The solution doesn’t work for you

If you have an unrelated issue, please start a new topic instead.

Just tried 3 different browsers and the threat is still there. Oh well on with the rest of my life. I have other issues with wyze products I need to attend to. Have a nice day.

1 Like

If you want to compete with the incumbent Video Security products you will need to provide a method to display to a single screen. Preferably Windows but Linux app works

so now all my older cameras are saying no chip in camera even though they all have memory chips.
No playback available? Anyone else experiencing this ?

Amazing. Was able to login to my cams today on Wyze Web streamer. No longer setting off my antivirus. Wonder what happened or what the problem was. Whatever the case glad I can see them on my Web viewer. Was just about to give up and go back to NOX.

I don’t hear anything when using the Live Stream Webview. Toggling the mute/unmute doesn’t do anything. Help!

@tkchow
WebView is still in beta and currently sound does not work on WebView

1 Like

I love that this is in beta and I fully understand beta. But can we please not require us to login every 30min or so? That is SOOOO annoying. I just want to be able to watch my cameras and have it up all the time. The beta is almost unusable because of this.

1 Like

Hey Jason, just thought I would put in my two cents worth you become a very reliable source for information and I are for one really appreciate your effort

1 Like