View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

No audio when playing back Events in Web View (PC running Win 11/Edge, Cam v3). If the same event is shared via the app (as a MP4) and played back on the same PC (Media Player), audio is present.

Is audio working for anyone in Events in Web View on Windows?

If this is (still) an issue, I suggest it be noted in the FAQ ( Wyze Web View FAQ – Wyze).

Wont work on Chrome Version 113.0.5672.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I spent some time a couple of weeks ago with customer service they said they would work on it but they also recommended using Google Chrome on “Private Mode”. I have had no issues with Wyze Web View ever since. I still have to log back in every 24 hours BUT I can work with that as long as it doesn’t kick me out every couple of hours or refreshes by itself and I have to hit play on every single camera again.

I wonder what it is about safari that seems to cause Wyze so many headaches

Still won’t play my live feeds, just still shots even after clicking the play button.

IP web interface

I was thinking it would be easier to view cameras and manage them over an IP web interface. I was thinking you could base this idea off of UniFi ubiquity cameras interface.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP).

Cam Plus added to two active cams - Live Stream isn’t working for either. Just a spinning circle over static thumbnails.

Also, the Events playback view is signficantly cropped.

Is there a fix for these issues?

Same here on all 6 Cams that used to work almost perfectly…

If you’re talking about the webview, I haven’t tried it recently, but a long time ago I used to use the following script in the tampermonkey extension in Chrome to help fix the webview cutting off part of the screen:

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Wyze Webview Improve Fullscreen
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.3
// @description  sets videos max height such that full screen videos top/bottom doesn't get cut off
// @author       james.pike@agilecollab.ca
// @license      MIT
// @match        https://view.wyze.com/*
// @icon         https://wyze.com/media/favicon/stores/1/favicon-32x32.png
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

const style = document.createElement("style");
    style.textContent = "video { max-height: calc(100vh - 80px); }";
    document.head.appendChild(style);

})();

Back when I used it, that script forced the Wyze cams to display in the correct resolution on the webview without cutting anything off. I don’t know why Wyze doesn’t just program it to show the full view by default instead of cutting off the date/time. :man_shrugging:

Thanks. I’m using Edge and would rather not use extensions.

Currently about 20% of the vertical field of view is wasted so Wyze’s web view cropping doesn’t clip the area of interest. It’s unacceptable for a product that is supposedly out of beta.

On the plus side, the live stream issue I had seemed to be temporary, and live view has actually been fairly quick and reliable.

The big question is:
Do the cameras stream directly connect to the browser, or do they go thru a wyze server?

We want to continuously view the cameras, so doing this thru your servers on the internet is wasteful.

Does Firefox use require transcoding or similar? we are advised to use chrome but we use firefox.

The disconnected cameras are a constant irritation,

I will attempt to give each camera a permanent Ip address.

I would love to see this work for the doorbells…

If you have Cam Plus then you are privy to WebView which after authentication and once connected, is direct from Cam to Browser on a LAN.

It disconnects a lot. we set our browser to refresh automatically every 5 minutes but the cameras still refuse to connect.

I think some dchp or routing issue comes up. the cameras mah switch between accesspoints occasionally, as they have the same ssid and password, but NAT and dhcp is turned off for these accesspoints, and the main router handles the dhcp .

The cameras must have access to the Internet in order to establish the authentication and handshake with the browser. If NAT is turned off for any of the APs, then it may be cutting off Internet access to those cameras. Once the handshake takes place, then the cameras no longer need Internet access, unless the browser disconnects from them for a period of time, then the handshake will need to take place again.

True. Specifically the V2 doorbell since it is hardwired. I can understand not doing this with the battery operated doorbells as that would burn through the battery quite rapidly. I’ve had a V3 hanging above my front door since it was released a few years back. I just finally broke down to get a video doorbell, which is the V2 but I will probably still keep my V3 up anyway.

working on it since 2021

GET IT WORKING.

It has already been implemented as: http://my.wyze.com/live

Well, mostly. The Wyze Web Portal has come a long way, but audio in Event playback has been “coming soon” for longer than most people’s definition of “soon.”

Also, inability to download an Event remains a glaring omission, especially when the major competitors support it in their web portals.

If it had these two things, the Portal would probably be best-in-class.

Also, the ability to view SD video seems like something that we should have access to?