View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Hence the topic, ya know.

Sorry this is a merged wishlist submission. Forgot to edit the post to say that earlier.

I would be happy if the Android app could download on Chrome OS again.

The good news is you saved me an hour of research because I was going to try that.

The bad news is you can’t.

Keep an eye out because that may come back.

Or can you load an old version of Chrome OS and do that?

OH, YES! PLEASE make a way to select multiple events and import all at once !!! Or be able to send them easily to computer!!!
P L E A S E ???

It would be great if the PC/Browser view is more like a dashboard to take advantage of the (potentially) much larger screen. I made a suggest in this thread for that: New product - Multi-Display gadget or digital dashboard - #2 by wyzoCam

Update: found a better wishlist item that describes what a PC/Browser view could do: More devices displayed on one screen (tiled view) - #15 by wyzoCam

1 Like

voting for this!

1 Like

Wyze needs to get on the ball and make these items available. It would really be nice to be able to watch and control our cameras from our desktop. Please get this going.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Good news, since Wyze dropped support for RTSP I began to look for another cam solution. For many automation folks out there, who needs to use cams in conjuntion with HomeAssistant or OpenHub, we need to see at least our cams in our browser. Perhaps WebRTC can do the job as well. My upvote for a web version, not a desktop one, everyone has a browser, but not everyone uses Windows or mac, specially if you are using HA or OH.

1 Like

When did that happen?

Supposed to be a mistake / temporary.

They had a beta firmware with RTSP support, but they dropped the support for that firmware like a year or so…

EDITED: I can see it seem they changed their mind and a month ago and released a newer RTSP firmware version and they say now they eventually release a beta firmware

So, my information was outdated, but who knows, they can change their mind again. I hope they don’t.

It actually seems consistent. Your first quote has them saying the RTSP branch will be updated infrequently, and that’s what has happened.

Agree. Anyway, it sounds ambiguous to me when they stated “Using the RTSP firmware will prevent the camera from supporting any future functionality additions and bug fixes”. For me that means end of support by all means.
If you see the newer announce, they removed preisely that statement. Don’t know if because they recognize that sounded ambiguous or because many people complained about end of support for the beta firmware last year and the reconsidered to release a newer beta version this year.

Anyway, it’s a good new they still release a version with RTSP, I’m going to burn it on my cams as soon as I can to integrate them into HA.

With a new camera coming out, I wished they would focus on getting a windows interface. A lot of my friends use PC or Mac and only use their phone for calls. After all this time, this wish list item is still listed as researching with 3673 votes. I guess this and dark-mode are hopeless requests. :disappointed:

1 Like

Yes. I can understand not supporting FTP, or Home Assistant, or SD card improvements, or even RTSP. None of those encourages the Wyze ecosystem directly. But letting us view cameras in a browser or on a PC/Mac ? A no brainier that instantly makes the product line much more attractive and usable…

2 Likes

Agreed. Bluestacks is getting very old very quickly.

3 Likes

I gave up on Bluestacks long ago. I don’t know all the technical reasons why this seems to be such an impossible task. But for me I would much prefer being able to see my cameras on my computers than on a phone. And I don’t need or want to see them on the internet. Plus I get so tired of everything like this nowadays requires opening another account with (of course) another blasted password. But maybe that’s just me.

1 Like

Nope, it’s not just you.
I’ve been using Lastpass for years.

2 Likes

This is a must have. I have been using Bluestacks with TinyCam to make this work because you can’t use Bluestacks and Wyze app as it goes to portrait mode. And even when you force it into landscape, it keeps all videos in stacked scroll. On my iphone, my 4 cams all fit in single screen with 4 PIPs. But for some reason wyze on bluestacks, I can’t get that same view. And then TinyCam seems to degrade quality (I know you can set to MAIN as solution but it still does not look as crisp and runs at 5fps or something). Needless to say all of this is just painful workarounds. If TinyCam can make this work, why can’t you open up a 3rd party dev to make a dedicated windows/mac app? I would pay a few dollars for this. Just a cam viewer with ability to jog back in time (form SD). Probably not saying anything that has not been said :frowning:

5 Likes