Video storage

As a newbie, I have 2 questions.

1. I have multiple cameras. Does the 14 day free storage apply to all of them?
  2. If I have an SD card in my camera (or cameras) do the motion and sound videos record both to the WYZE cloud and my SD card?

Thanks,
Rocky

Yep, definitely.

No. The cloud recordings will still be limited to 12 seconds and a 5-minute cooldown, unless you’re using Complete Motion Capture. But you’ll be able to see everything on the SD card, and you can access it remotely as long as the camera is online. (Note that the SD card recordings are in a separate section of the app, under “Playback” on the specific camera, instead of under “Events.”)

2 Likes

Hi Rocky!

I will take a swing at your questions.

1. Yes each individual camera includes the ability to store up to 14 days of events for free. The free storage is more account based. In other words no matter how many cameras are on your account they can all participate in the 14 days of 12 second clips subject to the 5 minute cooldown period (per camera).

2. The clips stored on the cloud are entirely separate from those stored on your SD card if you have one. They may actually overlap but they are different sources if you will. The SD card event clips are not for instance subject to the 5 minute cool down period. Of course continuous recording is self explanatory recording is continuous until you turn it or the camera off. A 32 gig SD card will store roughly 3.5 days of HD recording. Once the card is full it replaces the oldest recordings with new ones.

3 Likes

Sorry if ask, but does that mean i can use it for 14 days from the moment i activate the service or does that mean i have 14 days capability of recording space?

It’s a rolling 14 days. Today is December 14th, so that means my oldest cloud recordings that are still available are from December 1st. Tomorrow, the oldest cloud recordings I’ll still have available will be from December 2nd.

2 Likes

oh i see, maybe it seemed like a lame question but i’m not English , so basically it means that it’s a period of so many days that once the period expires everything will be no more available, but as it ends it will restart another time period?

I thought that it was just a trial period and to be honest i thought that was dumb , but i suppose dumb me lol

1 Like

Basically, you can always look 14 days back in time. Recordings are deleted from the cloud after they’re 14 days old. It’s not a trial. You always have 14 days.

3 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

1 Like