Video doorbell issues since last FW update

@rmclakehouse, your post prompted me to do some research and ask questions. Thank you for that motivation. The answers taught me something new today.

According to Forum Maven @R.Good, both versions of the doorbell are incompatible with CamPlus Lite. I guess I wasn’t alone in not knowing this as I too have my VDB on CP.

In that same thread, Wyze Team Member @WyzeJasonJ confirmed that because of this incompatibility, Wyze left the 12s video on the Basic plan without a subscription for both doorbells. There is just no Person Detection AI.

Having learned this, it seems that your two doorbells that are returning still images are indeed the ones not behaving.

This will probably not help with the image loading issues as I believe that is Firmware related, but when any of my cams have a hiccup in adhering to the plan features to which they are subscribed, I go to Account → App Settings and clear the cache. Then sign out of the app in the app settings page, close the app, force close the app in the OS, and then restart, login, and test. Sometimes this forces the cloud to resync all settings with the app and the device.

If you read thru some of the posts I linked above, you will see that some users have had success getting faster load times by forcing night vision on. You also might want to try that until the next FW is released.