Ver 3 Pro VS Ver. 4. differences

I am a beta tester myself, care to shed some light as to who is paying me to fix bugs?

Thought of that but no itā€™s a connection issue. It doesnā€™t make any difference what resolution it is set to the thing just has a hard time connecting and staying connected.

That said it ā€œmightā€ have something to do with the Wyze Socket it is connected to power through. For whatever reason the Accessories option in the camera doesnā€™t recognize the socket. The v4 might not work with the socket ā€¦ I never checked so am not sure,

Iā€™ll try power cycling the whole thing when I get home tonight.

I suggest testing the V4 using its power brick at about the same place, eliminate the socket and to try to replicate the problem.

1 Like

It happensā€¦ youā€™re only humanā€¦ hmm, you could be a AI Bot though that Wyze is developingā€¦ :joy: Just kidding my friend.

1 Like

I was actually going to purchase the v4 with the special pricing going on and I happened to come across this: LV-PWB5W-5G-2PK Do a search and look at the specs of this 2 pack.

Researching it and iā€™m quite impressed with it when comparing it to any of the Wyze cams. Itā€™s currently at a 30% off discount. Anyone have any thoughts comparing spec wise?

Shhhhhhhā€¦ the day of my revealing is not yet ready.
:shushing_face:
:robot:

Also, donā€™t listen to any of the guys on here who claim to have done video calls with me before any LLM AIs were released. Theyā€™re in on it too. :wink:

3 Likes

Interestingā€¦Purchasing it for a cheaper price is your payment from Wyze :-/

Where is the logic behind your statement?

I donā€™t agree with the premise, but I think the logic is that Wyze supposedly expects bugs on a new product and then offers it at a reduced introductory price hoping that the first big group of buyers will then find and report the bugs so they can be worked out without complaining since it was so cheap. Basically, the reduced price being the deal to be like a beta tester. Iā€™ve seen this idea posted many times before on places like Reddit for lotā€™s of Wyze products. Especially back in the days of pre-ordering products before the official release.

1 Like

Like you said, I think this was the idea back in the days of pre-ordering when it was called ā€œEarly Accessā€ā€¦ It shouldnā€™t really be the case anymore now that early access is done with, but now that you mention the discounted price I guess it does still kind of seem that way in that sense. Interesting. I hadnā€™t thought about this in over a year.

1 Like

If everyone else is selling a fully tested and functional (non-beta) camera for letā€™s say $100 and Wyze is selling it for $40 then that is $60 cheaper or some might think of that as they are giving you that $60 back when you buy it for being a beta tester.

@habib had all of his cameras way long before he joined the Beta group so I donā€™t think your comment has any merit.

@Antonius bit me to it. Iā€™ve had my v3s for about three years now and Iā€™ve been in the beta program for just over a year, give or take couple months.

No answer to this? They really seem like the same device in a different case

I beg to differ. Here are some things that v4 has that v3 doesnā€™t:

2K resolution
Spotlight
Smart Focus
Motion Warning

1 Like

Hey @Antonius, on the v4 have you been able to view the video bitrate or Wyze removed it all together?

No the bitrate is not shown on the V4 and also not on my V3 Pro. The only cameras I see it on is my V3 cams and my old version one WCO cams.

I wonder what was the reason behind it? :thinking:

I see the camera bit rates from my routerā€™s web admin page. The V4ā€™s bit rates are way up compared to a V3.