V3 Pro cameras, APP v2.50.2 firmware 4.58.118391

V3 Pro cameras, SanDisk High Endurance cards.
-All things considered, I have been mostly happy with my cameras and their performance.

• At least every other day, usually daily, I clear cache and restart the cameras.
  • I have been using an older version of the app, and the second most recent firmware. Why update when it’s working, right? I was terrified to update and ruin a good thing.
    -Received email alerting me I would need to update in May to newest APP. I did, two days ago, closing my eyes, doing good luck dances, crossing fingers, you name it. Aside from my gripes on the new UI (I have many, but some good things to say too.) it seemed to be working ok. But I MISS THE OLD UI DEFINITELY.
    -Next day, same dances, cringing, finger crossing…updated the firmware.
    That’s where it went to st.** One camera in particular, I am used to almost daily having to record some footage from the SD card. Which, now is a ridiculous, time consuming and almost unobtainable task.
    From the loss of a landscape timeline, to moving (IF the freaken thing moves) the timeline to the time wanted, it is NEVER, EVER showing the same time on the footage, as the timeline bar. I have NEVER had that problem, so NO, it’s not my internet or speed of network. I even have a separate network for cameras only.
    (And YES, I sync the time on my cameras…daily, because I’m weird that way.)
    It’s now clunky, slow, choppy, and very non responsive much of the time.
    It resultes in clips that I recorded “appearing” to have what I wanted, but when going back to view them, they are way longer than expected, with the movement randomly speeding up to catch up time-wise and then nothing at the end of the long recording. It’s totally useless right now, like that.
    Is this a known problem?
1 Like

For the time being, you can manually flash back to 4.58.11.7357 via instructions here.

Based on Wyze’s email, I wonder if you can use app version 2.45 and still login on May 16 2024. If you are using Android, you can try downgrading to your preferred app version via apkmirror.

Thank you for this. I am considering trying to go back one firmware version. Hopefully it will not affect my abilities come May 16. :grimacing:

Since you are talking abut the V3 Pro - that camera never used the old UI.
But yes, I prefer the old UI over the new one. Some people like the new one.

Make sure you add this to the Fix-it Friday April thread too!
I agree that the 4.58.118391 V3 Pro firmware needs some work, and/or the V3 Pro specific code in the Android App version 2.50.2(442).
It is definitely not working as well as it was. It seems to take a LONG time to connect in live view (single view and group view). The V3 (non-pro) cameras connect LOTS faster, and I prefer the old V3 interface for viewing and playback (but that does not matter). Good Luck!

It can’t hurt, but technically the Fix-it-Friday event ended on Monday and was tallied up by Jason at that time. The outcome and updates for it should get announced to us publicly tomorrow.

But Jason does still monitor the Fix-it-Friday thread, so it is still worth putting it in there so he’s aware and can at least pass on such info to the appropriate teams. :+1:

2 Likes