[Updated 02-13-20] Data leak 12-26-2019

If the feed has been continuing uninterrupted, it might not immediately kick you off. Once the feed has started, it happens over your local network if you’re on the same network. What happens if you close the app and open it again?

1 Like

Yep. 2FA message came in within 15 seconds. I am working too.

3 Likes

It’s working now.

3 Likes

I am finally back into app. Wow what a day. I had manually turn off the bulbs. I probably have to reconfigure them tomorrow. I sure hope there are not validated security breach. I really like Wyze and I hate to pull the plug.

2 Likes

Yes, everything is back again on my end!
Well done Wyze!

4 Likes

I’m logged in now :smiley:

2 Likes

Event clips are all there , I caught a Coon sniffing around my porch , I hate them bargers

Worked for me and my wife. Hopefully they got it figured out.

Good luck with paying off a massive bill for 2FA SMS, before thoroughly investigating the breach.

1 Like

No i havnt toched the tablet in a day or 2. i just asked it to turn on the light and it worked…when GA did not.

I’m afraid to because close the app since it’s the only device I can access the feed from right now. All other devices, both android and IOS got booted when Wyze recalled the security tokens, including another android tablet that was also actively streaming the same feed

I have been able to get 2FA to work now. back in the app. saw a “System update” pop up notifying to repair/re-setup with GA etc.

I really wish there was a way to backup the GA Routines, as when i have to remove WYZE HOME it deletes the lights and plugs from them. have go into each one and re add.

Closing and reopening the app shows me everything is working as it should

1 Like

Just got back on with 2FA with some kicking it. First it said it sent the code, but I didn’t receive it. I clicked resend code after about 10 minutes, then it immediately sent the code; however, it would not put down the keyboard to let me enter it. I had to then close the app, and it let me enter the code after logging back in. Everything appears intact now.

2 Likes

Me too, but I read the whole IPVM report Where they supposedly verified it and it doesn’t look good. They even provided screenshots of the exposed data of one of their employees with a Wyze account.

1 Like

Could be spoofed info, but, it doesn’t look good for wyze. I hope we have an answer soon on this.

12/26/19 9:00 PM PT - We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience with the difficulty using two-factor authentication. Adjustments to our 2FA service have been made and people running into the invalid phone number error should be able to log into the Wyze app now. If you are still having trouble logging into your app, please contact our customer support team.

Wyze Customer Support

10 Likes

My wife and I are back too.
Thanks so much Wyze.

2 Likes

I appreciate all the hard work the Wyze Team has put into this. I’m a new user as of Christmas and I am still excited about your products :grinning: :+1:

Thank You

1 Like

What about the API stuff? When can we confirm whether a breach or not? I am no fan of hackers getting into our security… it’s already happening with RING and I sure don’t want to see it here. I absolutely love my Wyze products (I ordered a lock as soon as EA was open)… but this is majorly concerning. Working in the IT Field i know how things can go… but my information must be secured especially when im running cameras through a cloud system.

Thank you for providing great products but PLEASE continue to be the honest/integral company we’ve grown to love.

IF this was in fact a breach please a. fix it and b. be openly honest with the customer (yes that’s going to suck but it must be done if that’s the case).

Thank You!

6 Likes