Temperature / humidity chip in Sense sensors

Would like to see a temperature chip added to sense sensors to control future light switches and or plug in sense plugs. Switches to turn on ceiling fans and plugs for fans and room heaters. Chip would cost pennies and programming is quick and basic.

I would like to have an outdoor temperature sensor to go with my future outdoor Pan cam so I could have the cam shut down when it got too cold.

10 Likes

Sometimes is usable/needed to be able to check this, maybe inside a room/garage/empty house

6 Likes

Knowing the temp in the childrens rooms would be very useful.

11 Likes

Temp sensor would be great, especially if they can be integrated with thermostats

8 Likes

My cameras run a little warm most of the time. A temperature sensor would have to compensate for this somehow.

1 Like

That’s what temp sensor would nee to be in contact or motion sensor. Cameras, bulbs and plugs would not work. Maybe a separate temp. Sensor

2 Likes

Definitely an off-camera sensor, something in the motion detector form factor.

3 Likes

Would like a temperature and humidity sensor that can be used indoors and outdoors and will work at low temperatures.

12 Likes

This would be incredibly valuable. Great reason to have one in every room!

6 Likes

Having a temperature sensor would also be good for a freeze alarm in the garage or under sinks for pipe freeze.

11 Likes

I don’t have a need for a PIR or contact sensors but would buy at least six (6) temperature and humidity sensors. Your manufacturing partner has these for sale on AliExpress but I would prefer to buy them from Wyze and have them integrated into your application environment.

temp

23 Likes

I want a stand alone temp sensor to tie it to my Google Home work and my Honeywell Thermostat.

1 Like

Temperature sensor with live temp read out with ability to set high and/or low temp alarms. Good for furnace or AC failure notification, refrigerator, freezer failure, etc.

9 Likes

Would it be possible to create a temperature sensor? It could be as simple as returning the temperature to the app screen. Also possibly set max or min temp alert.

7 Likes

Temperature sense to check that a refrigerator or freezer is operating properly. Also to determine if heat or AC are operating in an unoccupied house.

11 Likes

Yes please! I would love to have a temperature sensor (doesn’t need to be associated with the cam) that I can put in the baby’s room and check what temp the room is when she’s sleeping and I’m elsewhere in the house. It would also be great to have alerts when the temp falls below or exceeds a certain range. Everything on the market seems unnecessarily expensive, have super ugly/unnecessary complicated interfaces or have poor reviews on how it works or how reliable it is. Would love to see a Wyze solution to this!

10 Likes

Another vote for a temp sensor. As long as it would keep historical data somewhere I could view/download from the app, it would be very useful.

5 Likes

Any plans for a temp/humidity sensor? I’d love to have a small sensor for my humidor to monitor temperature and humidity.

5 Likes

Just purchased 5 lights, a cam, and a sense kit. Only thing missing is a temp/humidity sensor to put in my bedroom and integrate with my Alexa/Nest system to monitor the temperature average between my living room and bedroom. You make it, I’ll buy it.

5 Likes