Sunrise sunset schedule works then quits

I’d like to see a couple more options for this. I’d like to have my porch bulbs turn on at first light, then off at sunrise, so the light is on for early morning porch traffic. Weather apps know when first light is. Can Wyze pull that info?

Create a Rule/Schedule tied to sunset/sunrise for your bulb’s location:

Wyze app Home > add/create “+” icon upper left > Add Rule > Schedule > enter Name > Save > enter Start Time Sunset > Save > enter End Time Sunrise > Save > Add Action > select your bulb or bulb group > Turn On > Save > optionally set bulb brightness and color > Save. Do NOT add Action bulb Turn Off.

Uh yeah, I know about sunrise. I want the bulb to come ON before then, at first light.

Define first light… civil, nautical, astronomical? Just add a delta/offset as “before” minutes to the Start time for turn on action based off of sunrise at your location.

Ah, I just read your text before – didn’t see it in your screenshot. Thank you!

1 Like

No problem! :+1:

I have a bulb Scheduled to turn ON at Sunset, OFF at Sunrise. The times it fired (as shown in History) only changed once in a week (at the beginning.) It’s now about five minutes out of sun-sync.

I have three Rules that are behaving similarly.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix? :slight_smile:

/edit

Hmm. To start, I set the location in the app, with Android Location feature OFF - and that’s how I run.

I assume once a Schedule or Rule is saved with location in the app, it’s stored on the server. And sun-syncing takes place there?

/edit

Must I have Android Location setting always ON for this feature to operate consistently??

(…later: Tried it. Made no difference.)

/edit

I can’t get this to work. The app accepts the location and the Schedule or Rule and fires off ONCE correctly. But will not sun-sync incrementally. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t have any of my bulbs set to Sunrise/Sunset times but I do have a Switch set to turn on at Sunset. The Switch is the same as your bulbs, the “Sunset” time is only updated once a week. It bugged me for the first couple of weeks but I got over it. I’m just happy I don’t have to adjust it on my own. It replaced an auto switch that didn’t auto adjust itself so I was constantly updating the on and off times.

1 Like

Hey, thanks @shoehn , I’ll test that out!

Weekly update would be fine - I just wish they’d document things better and save us all some time. :clock1:

This is all I could find:

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=sunrise&commit=Search

/edit

Yep, confirmed. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

1 Like