Sensors Aren’t Working 8/28

Received my junk 8/20/20. Pan Cam with 6 motion and 18 contact sensors - first time. Could not connect sensors to bridge. Still failed following instruction with phone support, so they sent another bridge because it kept timing out while squawking “ready to connect”. New bridge, no change. New battery, no change; and today is 9/5/20 ! What do I hear from Wyze? Crickets! Suggestions anyone?

Mine which are new will not “connect”. Received my junk 8/20/20. Pan Cam with 6 motion and 18 contact sensors - first time. Could not connect sensors to bridge. Still failed following instruction with phone support, so they sent another bridge because it kept timing out while squawking “ready to connect”. New bridge, no change. New battery, no change; and today is 9/5/20 ! What do I hear from Wyze? Crickets! Suggestions anyone?

Try this. Bench test your system. In other words, set everything up as close to your wifi as possible. The only contact sensor I have not had problems with is about 12 feet away. I think distance may be a huge contributing factor, which would be an engineering design failure. Wyze may not have taken different building materials into consideration. My home has the old lath and plate which drastically reduces wifi signals. Although that does not explain why my cheap wifi light switch works flawlessly.

Thanks, but I had it all sitting on the kitchen table - inside 2ft. I have no clue if distance matters much unless Wyze is looking for an out . I saw one review that said the IOT signal should work up to 200m. Beginning to think they are all liars.

Got an email hit from one of the Wizards on 9/5/20 recommending I upgrade my app to version .160 , so I ran what was in the store (beta) and now have beta firmware version .174 Why don’t they get the basics stabilized before adding frivolous features?

The upgrade did nothing for connecting my devices. I replied to them with the bad news and am left hanging again. Looks like a stall until the return period expires. Tik Tok.

I too am having similar problems with my sensors and the bridge!

What is that button on the bridge for?

Don’t “mess with it”.

I doubt their hardware people talk to their firmware people. It may do something you do not want. Firmware can be changed in an hour.

@greymoment The bridge reset button was disabled last year July 08, 2019 during a FW update.

My advice is to stay after Wyze to help you out. I had everything working just fine, until one of the upgrades. All my sensors worked, doors signaled opened and closed, cameras did their jobs. The first time I went to them for help, they told me my units were too old, and didnt offer any other support or exchange. I got tired of following different methods and trying to get them set up again. All I was getting is a series of 3 and then 5 red blinks, alternating. I also had everything within inches of each other trying to figure it out, nothing worked. They just dumped me in spite of having purchased multiples of everyting they sell, except the door knob device and lock. Their customer service lacks common sense and probably all work from a script. Most likely will keep you on the hook for awhile and then tell you goodbye as well. I really liked their devices, but they need lessons in customer support and retention. I hope when you are done with them, you’ll give them a glowing review so they can feel good about themselves. I’m still waiting to see if they’ll make things right. Good luck!

Same problem…Brand new Pan can and sensor starter kit…NONE of the sensors will connect. Keeps saying its timed out. I tried all the troubleshooting steps on the site, which is what their support also emailed to me depsite me saying I tried all the steps on the site, and nothing…it just does not work. I just want my money back at this point. So frustrated!

Issues have been reported here that the bridge works best in a regular V2 camera as opposed to a Pan Cam

Chas

By your picture, I have to assume that you’ve looked at the bridge attached to the camera ??? Hopefully the light is solid blue, if yellow, the bridge isn’t connected to the camera and that means no communication between your sensors and the camera… I also see that only the front door sensor is communicating, is it connected to a different bridge/camera?

The front door sensor is connected to the same bridge. It used to work.

What did you see when you looked at the bridge?? Yellow or blue?

Solid blue.

Well, I’ll be dipped in green shoe polish… Should be connecting. I suppose you tried a different sensor?

Right you are. I think all of this is hardware related with supposed firmware updates that don’t work for everyone. My bet is newer constructed homes that don’t attenuate signals are not having these issues. You would think that the mesh network I use only for IOT would not have these issues. I also think Wyze is growing too fast.