Segway Scooter Sold Out After "Checkout"?

Did anyone else have the scooter disappear from their cart on the app? I selected it with “48 units left”, entered my card info, selected “Checkout” and then got a message that it was sold out.

I get that it’s limited quantity but typically for flash sales, if it makes it to your cart, you can finish checkout. Is this not the case with the Wyze app?

5 Likes

You have to place the order before it counts.

1 Like

How does it disappear within the 10 seconds it takes to get through the checkout process?

2 Likes

There were very very limited units on this flash sale, so they went extremely fast. Also network lag means your seeing a delayed unit count

1 Like

The instant the sale started I added it to my cart and immediately checked out - no less than 4 seconds - and then my cart told me "This item is no longer available ". Apparently you have to be faster than 4 seconds. Too bad.

3 Likes

I put it in my cart at 1pm EST, by 1:00:10 I was at the checkout page.
Still doesn’t explain why the shopping cart setup is screwed up.

Look at other shopping carts for high demand events - concert tickets. They give you a set time to complete your purchase.

3 Likes

Never even got notification. Thought this was a scam.

2 Likes

This was terrible. I love WYZE products and was logged in before the time, and could not even add it to my cart and tried at the exact time it said would be launched, via my computer and phone. It would not even come up as an option. VERY DISAPPOINTING to WYZE company. This is not the way to keep customers. Sure would be nice if you could reach out to those of us who followed your instructions exactly.

5 Likes

Same. Set an alarm, was ready, went as fast as I could through checkout and it disappeared from the cart.

2 Likes

Props to the folks who can click through that order flow in 4 seconds :joy:

6 Likes

Hi everyone!

I have seen the posts about your frustration with missing out after getting it in the cart. The ideas for a reservation system that holds an item for a few minutes if you put it in your cart has been brought up to the team.

I’m not sure if we’ll be able to make that change on our platform but the idea was heard.

6 Likes

Echo these sentiment. Never got a notification, but was ready anyway and it sold out before I could even refresh the app. Perhaps for next time Wyze should run a lottery or something or give out “Black Friday tickets” in advance that expire. That way disappointment is minimized, and you don’t leave us suspecting that there were really no units to begin with/false advertising

3 Likes

I’m beyond upset right now! I was all ready for their push notification as they said they would do on their advanced e-mail. I didn’t get one so I looked on my app for shopping and I saw it was there but SOLD OUT! At just 10:03am! THEN to add insult to injury they then finally sent the push notification at 10:15am!!! Getting my hopes up once more but still all sold out.

I was EXTREMELY looking forward to purchasing this for my wife and myself as I am actually in the market looking to buy a scooter!

NOT COOL WYZE! I’ve been a loyal customer for years and have purchased WAY more products than I should admit too. My wife says I have a spending problem with your company. And I have convinced may friends to buy your products as I’m a big advocate of your products. But if you’re going to treat your loyal customers like this then maybe I don’t want to buy anymore of your products since I already have enough as is.
:angry:

2 Likes

Too little too late by then…

1 Like

Somehow they sold out within 5 seconds.

I do understand that sentiment, but I want to make sure the frustration is heard so it can be learned from.

2 Likes

I really am getting tired of these little gimmicks. This isn’t the first time they have does a flash sale with a wild price and it’s gone in 20 seconds because they just throw out a tiny quantity to lure people in. It’s like the ol’ car salesman tactic. I’m usually a wyze fan but this is tiring.

6 Likes

Yeah. They had a pretty tiny quantity too. Think I got through the checkout in about 27 seconds or so and that happened to me. Same with a family member. Bots most likely bought the few for sale and you’ll see em on ebay.

1 Like

Jason, are you able to share how many were actually available at the start of the sale, just for our peace of mind?