Sd card video lengths

I agree that this cam is a terrific bargain at $20. It is great but I would really like to be able to copy longer videos (Playlist) vids to my computer’s HDD without having to physically remove the SD card and insert it into my laptop. If the Wyze is mounted in a not=so-easily-accessible area, getting the SD card can be a chore.

Actually since the camera is on the home wifi, it should be easily doable to have the card accessible as if it were aUSB drive. If they would program it that way.

I never remove my SD card to get my videos from the card, just click (View Playback) button and go to the portion of the video I need and hit Record twice, once to start recording and once to stop, that video I recorded goes to my Phone Photos album and from there I have it set to automatically send a copy of that video to Google Photos, once there it is accessible to all my devices including my PC. This morning I extracted a 6 and 11 minutes videos of an event that happen yesterday in front of the camera and is already saved in the Google Photo Cloud

Flaco

3 Likes

Flaco

Good suggestion. Thanks

They are working on a fix .

See here

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/email-screen-names-wyze-teem/

1 Like

My device is set to “local recording to micro SD card” and it is set to record on event but the clips it is recording (when detecting motion) is still max of 12 seconds/clip - even if the motion/event continues in front of the field of the camera for 12 seconds. I see some others have above have posted experiencing the same.

Is there a way to have my camera record 1 minute clips when motion/event is detected if local storage is set to micro sd card?

I just did a test last night and the SD card had full minute clips for every motion when set to record on events. It was still 12 seconds to the cloud, however. Are you sure you aren’t mistaking the SD card for the cloud alerts? The SD card is accessed thru the ‘Playback’ button.

2 Likes

I see you’re using 64 gb micro cards, any reason why they emphasize 32 gb?

1 Like

Basically, 32GB cards are formatted with FAT32, while 64GB cards (and larger) are formatted with ExFAT. So Wyze cams format FAT32, and that’s all they will “guarantee.”

That’s not to say you cannot format a 64GB card FAT32, because you can. And these cams will do it. I have had to use 128GB card recently and it works fine.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response!

I recently tried a 256mb card in mine and so far (knock on wood) I haven’t run into any problems.

Go enjoy your $200 nest cam then. Good grief

wondering how that is as 128gb cards are formatted to exfat on delivery. does the cam format it at fat 32?
i’ve been trying to get my 128 to work, but no luck so far
(keep getting alternate errors, no card or no files

Welcome to the community, @inertman! Please see information provided by forum mod @Loki on formatting SD cards.

This is the card I used, it seems to be formatted to FAT32 by default. I bought 3 and they all worked without needing reformatting. Some of the answers on Amazon also mentioned that it is FAT32 out of the box.
Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC Evo Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM) Amazon.com

How can i pop it out and play in the computer? Just connect your iphone to the computer and view??

Question: has this held up to the continual recording and overwriting? I see the warranty doesn’t cover security and dashcam, etc, those high rewrite applications.

It works fine. Rewrite/overwrite and all. I think the warranty is like that as flash has a finite number of write cycles before it is no longer works (see Flash memory - Wikipedia) and over 10 years of rewriting is a lot and they don’t want to cover that in their warranty. I don’t think there is a flash card which solves the memory wear problem but have gotten better (able to perform many more write cycles) .

I don’t really 3expect any card to last 10 years under that use, but would like to think I’d get a minimum of 3 or 4 years.

I got great value out of this thread, so I wanted to contribute back. I’ve been using a 256GB SanDisk Ultra C10/U1 and it’s been great. Didn’t have to format or anything.