[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Online/Offline Status Not Updating Correctly - 12/19/20

Thanks for the update! Hopefully we will see things back to normal tomorrow

I know that the engineers are doing their very best! I joined the call about 8.5 hours ago and I know they were on it before I was. We’ll get this sorted out. :slight_smile:

:+1:

Would you own these for yourself?

Could you please specify what you mean by “these”? I would (and have) purchase Wyze products if that is your question.

Pretty much any device that Wyze has that goes down for long periods of time in what seems like a 6 week interval.

It’s gotten worse instead of better…lol
Everything in my house that’s triggered by a wyze contact sensor or motion detector is turning on based upon an entire days worth of triggers.
It’s like living in a fun house that’s not really much fun.

I told the engineering team about this. “I am so sorry for you dealing with this mess. Please tell them that for me personally,” was a reply from one of my coworkers.

Sorry about the trouble! On the bright side, that is something that will improve once we finish that backlog.

I actually use Wyze products in my home. My lighting is all Wyze Bulbs, I do some automation with Wyze Sense, I have a Wyze Cam pointed at my door, I have a Wyze Scale in my bathroom, and I’m wearing a Wyze Band. We all use our products. When there’s an outage, we’re right here with you. It probably helps that we know about the changes that have been happening. I am confident that things will improve and I’ve already seen evidence of improvement in the last month. While this is unpleasant, we had a bit of a break from this and this outage is for a different reason than the previous ones and I’ve been watching them work on long-term fixes for it.

Thanks for an honest reply since I put you on the spot.

No worries! It’s a fair question. :slight_smile:

I have now removed the sensors from their original installation location. I have them on the table… still not working properly, last activity was 9 hours ago? Battery checked, removed from app & reinstalled earlier this morning. Still waiting to see if they come back, currently looking at hard wiring motion sensors to trigger lights & reed switches for contact sensors… why can’t they get it right?

Are the sensors flashing when they should be registering an Event?

Hey, you have a really tough job dealing I’m sure with mostly people’s anger over stuff not working. Thanks for your hard work! I think we all recognize it’s not your fault of course, but just general frustration. Thanks for the updates

Correct… all of my sensors currently flash but don’t register/notify.

Yes, they still all flash but don’t update their status from “all clear” to “motion” in the app and also don’t trigger any rules dependent on them

Flashing means it should just be the outage causing a delay. If they didn’t flash, I’d be recommending talking to customer support. :slight_smile:

Looks like it may be coming back up. I just got a motion sensor notification from 5 minutes ago. That’s the 1st sign of life since 0829 this morning. :+1:

They are responding (light blinking) app still not recognizing the status change. Still seeing things in the app that aren’t accurate… plugs are “on” in the app & “off” in reality. Side note my Christmas lights came on when scheduled, both indoor & outdoor set ups. :partying_face:

Great! Thank you all for the information. I let the engineering team know about these updates. :slight_smile: