Remote Live Stream nearly impossible today

**EDIT: Please follow the instructions in this post instead as they have been slightly updated:

Remote Live Stream nearly impossible today - #185 by WyzeGwendolyn**

Sorry for the delay, folks! Thank you for your patience and the information that you’ve been providing here. We’re investigating the connectivity from our side but haven’t been seeing enough reports to point toward a widespread issue yet. Most of the discussion is in this thread from what I’ve seen. But when we have confirmed outages, I make posts across our platforms. :slight_smile:

Having read through this, I’m seeing that there are error code 0’s going on as well as some errors that aren’t showing error codes. This is the information that I’ve been told to collect by the dev side. If you haven’t answered these, please post when you can!

1. What error code is being displayed?
  2. What color is the status light of the Wyze Cam?
  3. What mobile device are you using?

From the dev team for people using Android devices:

We’ve been developing a tool on our end to help better troubleshoot connectivity-related issues, and determine whether there’s anything on our end that we can fix to get your Wyze Cams working as intended. This has been getting tested internally, and your situation looks like a perfect time to utilize it if you’re interested! To help us get the problem tracked down with the Wyze Tool diagnostic app, use these steps:

1. Please open the following link on your mobile browser and download the .apk file for the Wyze Tool:

Android Wyze Tool download link is http://fir.im/1h2z.

2. If you’ve used the Wyze Tool previously, please uninstall the older version before proceeding.

3. Upon opening the .apk file, your phone may display a message warning that the app is not allowed to install unknown apps from the download source. You should see an option for ‘Allow just this once’ which will take you to the setting in question to enable for this installation. If you wish to disable this again, or were never prompted with the pop-up, it can be found under Settings → Apps → Advanced settings → Special app access → Install unknown apps.

4. Once the installation is finished, open the Wyze Tool and log into your Wyze account.

5. Please connect to a different network such as LTE, select the camera you were having trouble connecting to from the dropdown menu, and click Connect. If it fails, please click Send logs at the bottom, fill in the ISP and router information. Click Confirm and Send. Please let us know after you send the logs and give me the support ticket number you should receive in a reply email.

2 Likes