[POLL] User or Customer? 👌

Na man. Didn’t see that.

1 Like

Ya, it was fun, a good time was had by all…

Also interested in the ‘why’ to this if you care to share… :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is something about the term user that doesn’t really indicate the same relationship as a customer. The customer is the one who purchases the product or service whereas a user is just that, someone who uses that product, like someone with whom you share devices.

2 Likes

The only products I’ve purchased recently were the Wyze Mesh Routers, purchased at substantial discount on Ebay…for testing. No new cameras, sensors nor anything else like that. I’m using YoLink for most of my sensor needs since they have superior range and do better for one who wants to self-monitor things.

Just to clarify, I have a few V3 cameras, many V2s and one each Pan V1 and Pan V2. Multiple plugs, bulbs and only one or two motion sensors (V1 and V2). And of course the Ebay Mesh routers.

2 Likes

Four years later (Early 2023)

This camera [OG] reminds us that this company is not built on luxury branding, or fancy marketing campaigns, or charismatic leadership, it’s built on users. All we want to do is make super cool stuff that you guys love, and that you want to share with your friends.

1 Like

Agree.

Just a minute… just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You’re right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that. Why he ever started this cheap, penny-ante Building and Loan, I’ll never know. But neither you nor anyone else can say anything against his character, because his whole life was… why, in the 25 years since he and his brother, Uncle Billy, started this thing, he never once thought of himself. Isn’t that right, Uncle Billy? He didn’t save enough money to send Harry away to college, let alone me. But he did help a few people get out of your slums, Mr. Potter, and what’s wrong with that? Why… here, you’re all businessmen here. Doesn’t it make them better citizens? Doesn’t it make them better customers? You… you said… what’d you say a minute ago? They had to wait and save their money before they even ought to think of a decent home. Wait? Wait for what? Until their children grow up and leave them? Until they’re so old and broken down that they… Do you know how long it takes a working man to save $5,000? Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you’re talking about… they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn’t think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they’re cattle. Well in my book, my father died a much richer man than you’ll ever be!  -George Bailey

1 Like

‘Business is business,’ says the founder.

Can it be done?

Good quote…It’s a Wonderful Life.

“I don’t mind you shooting at me, Frank, but take it easy on the Bacardi!”

John Forsythe - Lew Hayward

1 Like

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Sometimes We Disagree

6 Likes

User has the flavor of module unit node to me. Also the negative connotation of someone who exploits persons and/or situations. Which is more like a corporation than the average customer, actually. Usery is charging too much interest. Much too much.

Better to just use customer. Customer is like oiled wood. Customer is like fresh cut grass. Customer is honest, decent and good.

Plus it’s a good one-upper: My car is customer than yours. :oncoming_automobile:

I am customer than thou. :upside_down_face:

@techsis triggered me here. I don’t react well to consumer :

Though I respect her right to prefer it. If she actually does. :slight_smile:

Consumer, customer, a fool who parts with their money and may or may not get something in return.

All good :joy:

2 Likes

Also for the record, when it comes to the Mesh Systems I am a user, not a customer. My Ebay purchases average out to $33.33 per router, not $93.99 plus shipping from Wyze. Mine were all new and shipping is included in the Ebay price. All are working well for my tests. I don’t feel bad doing this as I have to assume Wyze got something for them even though I didn’t pay directly to Wyze. They got to Ebay from somewhere…

1 Like

And you shouldn’t. Look what I got stuck with (at a good discount):

‘Business is business’ all around. :wink:

Remember that customers and proprietors are natural adversaries: each is of use to the other - and each jockeys for an advantage that is acceptable (inoffensive) to the other. At its best, the advantage alternates, a win-win over time.

When offense is taken, the aggrieved party feels used by the ‘exploiting’ party and may seek a more equitable relationship elsewhere.

Flashback to August 2021   :slight_smile:

The SO reminds me that ‘user’ has:

• 33% fewer syllables
  • 50% fewer letters

and that its preference by folks tasked with efficiency isn’t surprising. :slight_smile:

Well if that’s our only objective, let’s go with U or C and reduce it more.

1 Like

“UC satisfaction is job one!” :grin:

1 Like