[POLL] SD Card (Local Storage) Experience

Sorry Peep, I totally ignored your second photo about Kingston! My bad buddy, you’re right in catching that discrepancy on their packaging. They must have a mistype there when they said 100MB/s…it almost definitely should say 10MB/s on their packaging. Nice catch!

1 Like

That is totally weird my reply back to @peepeep was about same cards. However my recent search for the same card at the same retailer brings this babies up. Looks to me they are new but still dirt cheap. They claim 100MBs. I’m a bit confused!!!

2 Likes

OH! I think when they are saying 100MB/s they are talking about the READ speed…so it can READ at up to 100MB/s, but WRITE at only 10MB/s.

1 Like

So, for the purposes of the cams, READ speed would most affect user experience (display of stored video)? WRITE speed (since there’s only one device* writing to the card and at a known maximum rate) more important at higher resolutions?

* Unless you liked running time lapse AND continuous surveillance simultaneously…  :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @carverofchoice fir clearing that for me

2 Likes

Not in a million years my friend :smile:
My dirty pleasure is viewing live steam and having annotations wake me up occasionally :rofl:

Thank you guys!

2 Likes