Playback is gone on outdoor can and base station now that subscriptions are offered?

There is not much research to it, see my post of 22 June. My 4 WCO are using CP Lite, I also do scheduled recording on some to get videos longer than 12 seconds recorded to a 32GB SD in the cameras, sometimes 12 sec. is not enough. You get both, 12 sec. cloud videos and local recording of the videos to the SD in the cam for as long as motion continues up to a max. of 5 min. with no cooldown period. It is a pain to have to download the videos from the SD to your device but I only do that for the interesting events that are longer of 12 sec. I have a few 12 sec. videos also backed up on the base using CP lite and scheduled recording at the same time. To view the contents of the SD on the base I have to take it out and view on a PC. Since most 12 second videos are < 1 MB there are a lot of videos on the Base SD :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The base station is required for the WCO due to the fact that it goes into deep sleep, a normal router cannot be used. I’m not entirely sure what the use of the back up to base station feature is for, as the events are safely in the cloud.

Thx for the tips @Antonius

Wyze owner is cheating their customers.
Don’t waste money to buy their junk stuffs .

OK :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WYZE tries to squeeze people to pay for subscription. In order to do so, the company has eliminated 12 sec event recording and also removed playback function…Without these, WYZE cam are garbage. I would have not bought WYZE if those were not available. WYZE removed such functions services after people purchased the WYZE cams, I think the company should be sued!!!

12 second event recording has been removed by default, but any camera models that every supported 12 second recording also supports cam plus lite. This is a subscription, but it is pay what you want, even $0 a month. You simply sign up for this and all your cameras that previously had 12 second videos will have them again, plus free person detection.

Newer camera models such as the v3pro, floodlight pro, battery cam pro, etc do not support this subscription, and require full cam plus.

SD card playback has never changed, though the Wyze Cam Outdoor (what this thread is tagged as) has never supported SD cards without workarounds.