Playback does not work from the event view

It’s hard to make a video Less than 5.5MB to post here but this is a real short video showing my cam now does go from the events page to the SD recordings. East Yard cam.

3 Likes

Update: I got a email saying that WYZE had isolated the issue and placed a temporary fix until they can implement a final fix. As of now all my cameras are working as expected. It could be that the fix hasn’t reached all affected users yet. Be patient with the knowledge that it’s on the way.

2 Likes

Mine started working yesterday. Dont know how. I dont see an app update or a firmware update.

1 Like

I had this issue a couple of months ago and grew frustrated at the slow response from Wyze in fixing the problem, so I sent my cameras back and received a refund. However, I liked the camera and its features and would buy them again. Soooo, the question is: Do most people on this forum believe this issue is now fixed and I can be confident that if I purchase the V3 again it will replay from the events screen (and recognize the SIM card)?
Thanks!

The issue was resolved on my one V3 that had the issue. Many other users reported that their cams are now working correctly.

Thanks Antonius. And it was resolved through a firmware upgrade?

I believe the issue was fixed on the Wyze server side. I am still on v3 firmware 4.36.11.8391 which had the SD card not found error for months and has now fixed itself.

WYZE said they made a fix, it was not a firmware change.

My cameras have all been fixed

1 Like

Mine still claim there’s no microsd card installed when pressing playback when viewing events.

Tonight I have tried powercycling multiple times, switching cables, removing camera from account, setting up camera again & making sure it’s added to Cam Plus Lite. Also updated the app to the very latest.

Still cannot view sdcard playback from the events page.

@WyzeJasonJ

Log ID 1491082

What model Wyze camera has this problem?

Regular V3 cam

Did you take the SD card out of the camera before you set it up again?
Has the SD had a good clean format or have you tried a different card?

I followed StanLam’s instructions exactly which is how i got my v3 to playback SD card video from Events a couple of weeks ago. You might double check and make sure you did not miss a step below.

SOLVED: I got all my cameras to work. The fix is a bit unusual.

1. Go to Cam Plus Lite and uncheck the camera that has this issue so the camera doesn’t have Cam Plus Lite anymore.
  2. Then, make the camera record any Event.
  3. Attempt to playback an Event and try the “Playback” feature. The issue will still be there.
  4. Reboot the camera.
  5. Attempt to playback an Event again and hit “Playback.” This time, it should access the memory card.
  6. Finally, reactivate Cam Plus Lite. The issue should now be resolved.

Thanks for this. Unfortunately your method didn’t work for either of my v3’s with this issue.

As someone who does not like to upgrade firmware due to having multiple v2 & v3 cams in the past becoming bad/ruined and/or bricking, I finally decided to try updating the firmware. It finally works again!

For some odd reason though the first cam I updated actually downgraded the firmware, then updated it several times. Because of that I tested multiple firmwares to see if the issue was fixed. Didn’t have this issue with the second camera as it updated normally.

4.36.10.4054 (March 22, 2023) is the earliest v3 firmware for the playback button in events to work (even though it hangs/freezes for a second or two). The release notes state “Fixed a bug that caused Cam Plus Lite Events to not play due to Error 3001,” so perhaps the bug may be somehow related to that. In any case, I found this firmware bad as it turned all my sd card audio to very loud static noise. Even audio on the sd card from earlier today which was good/fine is now bad/ruined. Both my cams had this same issue.

Next v3 firmware was 4.36.10.7146 (October 30, 2023). This one works as well, no hanging/freezing after pushing playback, & has no further micro sd card audio issues. All previous audio on the card from before this firmware update is still ruined though, but everything after from this firmware update seems fine.

So for anyone else with the events playback button bug that claims there’s no microsd card installed, try the method above from StevenA and/or updating firmware until it works.

1 Like

That means the firmware file you downloaded wasn’t the latest.

Thanks for the firmware info. I cringed when I read about v3 firmware 4.36.10.4054. The choppy Events playback video I had for months will not let me forget that number.

FYI, I (re)purchased 3 V3 cameras earlier this week. I have only had the chance to install one before leaving town. It seems to be working fine! Will up date the forum with regard to the other two once complete.

I’m trying to do this fix, can someone tell me how to do this first part, where I go to cam plus lite and remove the camera? I can’t seem to find where cam plus lite is on the app to uncheck the camera. Thanks in advance.