Person Detection Update: A New Experiment for Premium Features

I understand that. You are still missing my point. So at this point I would say it’s best to agree neither of us is comprehending the other. It is honestly no big deal. I truly don’t see Wyze surviving long term.

1 Like

I thought they just hired a Finance guy? Must be Alfred E. Neuman from ‘Mad magazine’. Never, and I mean NEVER should a subscription plan be this convoluted… It’s no wonder people are bailing out and selling their Wyze and Company products… This is like an on-line comedy show.

1 Like

I heard it was Rube Goldberg.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rube+goldberg&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj8_JaTtsvsAhUFXM0KHeTWDKAQ_AUoAnoECA8QBA&biw=1312&bih=743

I can almost guarantee that no finance guy would recommend this as a primary solution. This is Wyze trying to find a middle ground. At least it is thinking outside the box, even if it fails. Wyze using new ideas and thinking outside the 95% box of huge costs is a big reason I love them. Look at all the fails that Amazon and Google and all other companies have attempted. Trying some new moonshot and failing is totally acceptable. They didn’t bet the entire company’s future on it or anything. Heaven help us the day Wyze decides they’re just going to drop everything and just be exactly like everyone else…

3 Likes

I just realized that Wyze extending the deadline is probably because lots of people don’t check email updates nor read the forums so probably didn’t even know about a PD signup deadline until it cut off and a while later realized they haven’t gotten PD notices in a while.

It would’ve been more effective to cut off PD pilot a couple of weeks before the PD sign up deadline to make sure they gave enough time for the email ignorers to realize there was an issue. Rather than have customer support tied up for hours on just this issue and having to do it all themselves, extending the deadline after it cut off is actually a smarter move that allows support to deal with other issues people can’t do on their own.

2 Likes

It was that and also that we figured some people wouldn’t realize how much they wanted PD until it was gone. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yup, that’s very true with a lot of things. :+1:

1 Like

Personally I would have paid a small fee for pwraon detection but did not qualify. I have no plans to sign up for cam plus

My person detection event log gets bombarded with tree motion. I have cam plus so a lot of those clips are 30 seconds to just over a minute of tree branches moving and get marked as person detection.

The detection zone I made is for my parking area but has a tree in the way. Theres no better mounting positions either unless I mount outside and thats not a great idea.

This is a wyze cam pan.

When I log in, it shows I’m set up for the PD, yet I’m getting zero notifications for PD. When I use the filter for PD it tells me to sign up for plus.

So I try to sign up again for the 12 sec PD, again it tells me I’m already signed up… it is not working…

The filter problem is a known bug with the latest app. Don’t know why you’re not getting alerts though. Are you getting motion events? You can’t have a PD event without motion detection.

Not sure if this is a new bug, but since more than a week now my alert video seems to begin at least 5 seconds later than the trigger movement! This is clearly new and consistent. I am not overly concerned but surely disappointed. BTW, my camera is a Wyze Cam v2.

Do you have PD turned on for each camera in Account > Services > Person Detection ?

Yes… it’s set for all cameras.

This is the page @angus.black is talking about, “Person Detection (Pilot)” where you turn person detection off or on for your cameras

1 Like

I go to Account/Services/ - I see:

Well there’s your problem. They’re stuck in CamPlus trials rather then using your legacy PD subscription.

shoot, so once the trial is over, will it transfer over to the standard person detection…??

I think you can switch them now if you choose but I don’t quite know how.

Are you paying for cam plus for 5 cameras?
How many cameras total do you have?
In the cam plus section there you can tap on edit and remove (unselect ) the cameras that you want to