Pepe' Le Pew & Friends

@Antonius

Freeloaders? 3 out of 4 of my clients didnā€™t even take a lick of the water, and one took a couple of licks of water which he thought nature/rain provided for him. They heard this was the cool hang-out place. :slight_smile:
I didnā€™t see a collar on any of them, maybe some are feral cats? Or Witches/familiars? :broom:

1 Like

Nope, not a chance, I know which neighbors they belong to. I donā€™t dislike cats and I previously had to ā€œCat Sitā€ my daughterā€™s two cats for long periods both at my house and her house. They were both House Cats and were content to eat, sleep in the sunshine through the windows, play cat war games or with their toys and were happy to deposit their business in the litter box which I had to clean on a daily basis. People donā€™t let their dogs roam all over town and wait for them to return just in time for dinner. Of course my parents did that with me. :rofl: I am a true dog/ :raccoon: person

Iā€™ve had a lot of pets:

• Gerbils (3?)
  • Rat
  • Dogs (5?)
  • Cats (a lot)
  • Garter Snakes (lotsā€¦once caught 56 in a half hour)
  • Ball Python
  • Fish (several)
  • Parakeets (4?)
  • Tarantulas (2?)
  • Turtles (2?)
  • Lizards (a few)
  • Bunnies (a few)
  • Ferrets (2)
  • Teenage kid

Probably a bunch of stuff I forgot about over the years. Iā€™ve always loved [most] animals. I love dogs, but I donā€™t like how high-maintenance and overly super-codependent most of them are. Plus, the amount of feces they produce and where they just leave it drives me crazy, along with excessive shedding and tearing up the yard. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll ever get another dog of my own. I like to babysit them or visit dogs of family members though. Maybe Iā€™ll get a dog in the future if I retire and can just pay someone else to do all the maintenance (clean up the feces, keep the food/water filled, etc),

I enjoy training animals and taking them places though. I have even trained rodents to do interesting things. Some of my cats have been trained to do a lot of things that Dogs can be trained to do too. I have taught cats to ā€œcome,ā€ ā€œHigh Five,ā€ ā€œdance,ā€ ā€œplay fetch,ā€ ā€œsit,ā€ and other various thingsā€¦they just train differently than dogs. Dogs always care about treats, but cats often care about other things insteadā€¦like my orange cat doesnā€™t care about treats, but loves being scratched near his tail. I think in general I like Cats better mostly because of the lower maintenance. :smiley_cat:

The thing about cats is that they are all about getting and respecting ā€œConsentā€ with themā€¦and a lot of people misunderstand that and donā€™t like that about them. But once that is taken into account and respected, they are wonderful pets. Cats believe they donā€™t NEED you to survive, and in most cases they simply voluntarily CHOOSE to be you even though they know they donā€™t need you. In a lot of ways, that is real love. Cats, if treated right will do many of the things people love about dogs, including cuddling and loving their humans strongly.

For dogs, it is easy to feel like they love you, and people love that about them. Dogs are naturally desperately pathologically super overly codependent, thinking they NEED you for their survival. Which isnā€™t to say they donā€™t absolutely truly love and adore their humans (they doā€¦most of them were selectively bred specifically over the centuries to be loyal and love their human family). Dogs are reliably loving to whomever feeds and gives them positive attention. That makes most of their other maintenance issues worth it. I bawled like a little baby more over losing my dogs than losing other pets. So there is a lot to say about that bond and attachment, codependency or not. Dogs show love openly, often, and sincerely, and most people crave and love that connection. Hard to dislike that except for maybe the few people who have never really owned a good dog of their own and donā€™t really understand what itā€™s like.

I guess I love most animals in their own way. Once you understand the animal, itā€™s easy to love them tooā€¦though I still donā€™t always like all the maintenance that comes with themā€¦hence why I donā€™t have so many anymore like I did in my younger years. :joy: I have also always told my kids that any animals we/they get means they are making the commitments to take responsibility for all their maintenance. :wink:

3 Likes

Wasps are insects but this relates. I was replacing a brake light bulb while the customer watched. I opened the trunk and saw a wasp making a nest. Grabbed a shop towel to crush it. The customer stopped me and said ā€œdonā€™t kill it. It has a right to live. I will move it when I get homeā€:flushed:

@peepeep Meet the new critter- DuÅ”an possum. I couldnā€™t find a new :skunk: to give the name to. Time to recharge the cam and put it on scheduled event recording to the SD again.

4 Likes

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key point from the guidelines to keep in mind:

Wyze Community Guidelines

• Do not post political rhetoric.

Canā€™t lie. I have saved a wasp from drowning.

1 Like

I set my critter WCO for some scheduled event recording to the Cam SD last night and it was very busy
This is one of the games played and bone won. :raccoon: 1 and Cat 0. :rofl:

3 Likes

And the leftovers. :grin: DuŔan is having bowl troubles.

2 Likes

Better bowl than bowels :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, at first glance, I thought thatā€™s what was said, haha.

1 Like

I may have to get DuŔan a smaller BOWL to use until the little critter legs grow a few more inches. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Awhhh, youā€™re such a softy :joy:

ThĆ©rĆØsia Turkey and the six chicks playing through on the 4th fairway. :golf: :golfing_man:

5 Likes

Re-located one of my WCOs for ground work. Mom Groundhog casually checks it out because this is something new nearby. One of her entry holes is under that lower platform of the ramp. Fortunately, she already knows the V3 by the water dish in the back. Later, the kids are out and one discovers his first camera. The first one raises the alarm. Watch carefully as the other two run by from the right. Baby Groundhogs 06 02 23 - YouTube

2 Likes

Cool, I subbed.:grin:

She smelled those stinky human hands. :rofl:

Boop!

An Old Tom Cat. Old Gray Tom Cat - YouTube

1 Like