Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

I just got my order in…had been hitting the button since it launched…took a half hour of refreshing from errors…and i ended up using the Amazon Pay option - not sure if that helped, but it finally went through.

4 Likes

Mine just went through too!

3 Likes

Website login crash? I can’t login

Keep refreshing, i had to countless times before it went through

2 Likes

Keep refreshing. That’s what I’ve done and I’ve seen others say it has worked for them.

4 Likes

Ok I’ll try that thanks!

2 Likes

I got that internal error several times. I hit the back button and it eventually went through. Refresh, back arrow, refresh, back arrow and it went through. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I didnt realize thats what people we refreshing on. silly me.

1 Like

I am wondering if the batteries are removable, if able to swap it would be nice and easy and have almost zero downtime…however having to bring inside, then wait to charge, then remount…sounds like more work than necessary.

I dont see anywhere that says they are replaceable…and from the pics, it doesnt look like there is access to change them out… which them begs the question, what happens when those batteries wear out??? are these meant as disposable cameras? Anyone have insight to this?

1 Like

What gift for early backers?

Basically a nifty [digital] badge

EDIT: Okay, I guess they are actually sending something physical with the actual package. I can’t imagine what. At first I thought maybe a contact or motion sensor, but not everyone will have a bridge. Can’t imagine what else it could be.

1 Like

Pretty disappointed, but we’ll see if they come out with a better actual outdoor security solution in the future. This is more like a trail cam that can do a little bit of live feed viewing.

Good question, need to know before I commit to a set of 3.

1 Like

Understand. But is there a current available wireless security cam that is meeting your requirement ?

Why do you think it is actually something physical now?

Oh, interesting… I didn’t see that anywhere. I got the e-mail with the digital “I backed” badge but didn’t see that part.

Interesting that this article mentions using our outdoor cam in a hotel while traveling…

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/23/21298757/wyze-cam-outdoor-release-date-news-features-battery-life-cloud-subscription

1 Like

1 Like

It was a link off the website…
https://wyze.com/early-access